LS&I back in Action

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
BOHICA
Railroadfan...fan

LS&I back in Action

Unread post by BOHICA »

The LS&I has called all the low guys back to work this week as the shipping season starts back up. Not sure anymore what our power situation will be now since cliffs has pretty much halted any expansion. The lease on the EMD's is almost up.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: LS&I back in Action

Unread post by AARR »

Seems like it's been a while since Chris has posted anything :?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

Unread post by i995impalass »

Hey Don,

Yeah it been sometime since I have posted just been busy. The LS&I did call me back this last week as well and they wanted us lower guys to start engineer training this week. After my long winter with Marquette Rail, my current plans are to keep working for Marquette and part ways with the LS&I. I have already pack up and got a place with the family in Manistee. As much as I would love to stay in the UP talking with the Yardmaster in the North, this year dident look good for lower guys on the board, even with engineer training there are too many low guys to make it worth my wild. Since I also have 3 little ones and a wife to keep a roof over I cant live off working 2-3 times a month-mabe 4 with the engineer training. It might be more, but I cant afford to take that risk. Thats kinda what I have been busy with, and MQT keeps me on my toes.

-Chris

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Good to hear from you again, Chris. You've got to do what's best for your familhy. I didn't kow you were with MQT 8)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

wow so you are going to commute from manistee to marquette?

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

WTF? Did you read it? Wow you come up with some good crap.
After my long winter with Marquette Rail, my current plans are to keep working for Marquette and part ways with the LS&I.
And THE NEW WORLD EPIC FAIL CHAMPION IS........
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

CERY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CERY »

Marquette Rail runs from Manistee MI to Comstock Park MI (Grand Rapids Area)
Semi-retired railroader

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

LOLZ I FAILZ SO BAD :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BB »

JANGAJONGA wrote:wow so you are going to commute from manistee to marquette?
As in commuting from Manistee to Marquette RR property, then yes.
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

Unread post by i995impalass »

I also said I got a new place with the family in Manistee, So trips back up North will be just to camp. Workin the Z train or Turn starts out of Baldwin, working the Manistee job starts in Manistee, Ludington job starts in Ludington

mikerm19
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mikerm19 »

that's awesome! :D

I didn't know you had so many kids.

I wish I could get a job with Marquette. :(
Mike
http://www.mitrain.net Come see us!

Crow T Robot
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Crow T Robot »

Wish I could get a job with the LS&I :?
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=24021
http://crow_t_robot.rrpicturearchives.net/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Spawn674 - I need a better video camera

PlymouthStationGuy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PlymouthStationGuy »

No summer shutdowns for Cliffs

4/2 - Cleveland, Ohio – Cliffs Natural Resources has announced that its Michigan operations will increase its previously announced annual production by more than 600,000 additional tons for 2009.

The additional production will bring the total projected production in Michigan for 2009 to approximately 7.3 million tons of iron ore pellets.

Donald J. Gallagher, president of Cliffs’ North American Business Unit said, “While this news is positive, it is still only a small step in the direction of getting back to normal operating levels. We still see continuing challenges ahead for the iron and steel industry in 2009.”

The additional tonnage will eliminate the need for previously announced summer production shutdowns at the Empire and Tilden mines.

WLUC TV6
Plymouth Station Guy
Please do not poke at the ramp agent because he has the power to make your vacation
memorable or miserable. It all depends on what flight you bags go on.

TCP
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TCP »

Chris,

Hit the horn a couple of extra times when you head past the RR club in Comstock Park.
Just in case you are wondering we are the club attached to Dwight Lydell Park our builiding is right next to the over flowing dumpsters (none of us can figure out how a county park can produce so much trash in the winter, we have determined that no one in the neighborhood has trash pick up they just drop it off in the dumpsters in the park :?

Keep hauling that freight.
TCP
GR MI.
Home of the NMRA National Convention in 2012
www.gr2012.org