CSX says no!

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Re: CSX says no!

Unread post by Jochs »

Sounds like we should all carry around a copy of the Photographer's Rights...
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by justalurker66 »

hoborich wrote:Judging by the number of posters having negative experiences with rail cops, there more than likely is a problem.
A problem? Perhaps. But the problems you state? Other people's complaints do not prove your claims.

I know a guy who knows a guy who has a sister who knows a guy who talked to his priest who heard in confessional that ... I forget what he said. :mrgreen:
Jochs wrote:Sounds like we should all carry around a copy of the Photographer's Rights...
A bulletproof copy? Unless it is a section of law it won't amount to a hill of beans.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

It is a small consolation but anyone who has accidentally deleted photos from their computer or digital camera's SD card or intentionally had to delete them as in some of the above mentioned cases, there is a free program you can use to recover them.
http://www.piriform.com/recuva
So even if you are forced to delete photos from your camera you can still get them back as long as you still have the camera's SD card.

bctrainfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bctrainfan »

Hoborich:

Your accusations are quite serious. There are many circumstances that may inspire an officer to draw his weapon, but it is not something taken lightly. Perhaps your friend acted in a way that was potentially threatening, like suddenly reaching into his pocket, etc. I actually think the more significant complaint is the deleting of the photos.

Here's what you do: You and Charlie contact the CSX Police superintendent at the number previously posted by Pat C. for your convenience :) It would be good to now the date/time/location where the original event occurred, at least approx. Let us know the outcome. It may actually do some good and prevent other railfans from having negative experiences with the RR police.

Again, I am no ACLU fan, but there website has some good info, and if you are not satisfied with CSX's response, I would contact them.

As you mentioned before, there are lots of different kinds of people in all walks of life, some better at their jobs than others, and some people are just naturally a@@holes. Its possible, though rare in my experience, that even a police officer may just be one of the latter. :)

I will also say again, though, that I am not opposed to the police asking questions of people that they feel are acting suspiciously or are in sensitive areas, and in fact want them to do so. That is a key part of our jobs as officers. I do expect it to be done in a professional, courteous, sensible and legal way.

Proto48Patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Proto48Patrick »

well, I read a few pages of this and it got boring and obnoxious.

What I would like to know..
Are people still sitting at Judd St. or not. I like taking my boy down there and sitting for a half hour or so. He loves it and I get to see whats new(maybe) Im always parked on the south side of the curb.

Patrick
Patrick Welch

trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

Unread post by trnwatcher »

Proto48Patrick wrote:well, I read a few pages of this and it got boring and obnoxious.

What I would like to know..
Are people still sitting at Judd St. or not. I like taking my boy down there and sitting for a half hour or so. He loves it and I get to see whats new(maybe) Im always parked on the south side of the curb.

Patrick
Patrick, the "oval" (Judd St) still sees occassional railfans. Alot of the older guys have passed away over the past few years so there are less of us frequently Judd St as there used to be. Lately with the track work both east and west of GR going on most trains are running at night. Hopefully when the track work is done 334/335, 326/327 will go back to their previous scheduled. 334 was leaving in the AM (9-10ish), 335 was arriving late afternoon to early evening, 327/335 was heading to Chicago around 9pm, 334/326 was still getting in here between 5-9am. Now with the days getting shorter and weather turning colder, there will probably be less visitors than normal. I'm a hardcore railfan, rain, snow sleet only hamper photograhping trains, not watching them. So you'll see me down there in almost any weather. For me it's mostly a scheduling issue....when I have the time free to get trackside. Hope to see you down there.
Steven F. Shick
http://www.youtube.com/user/trnwatcher
http://www.trnwatcher.net

I.T. guy/Railfan
"The true railfan has two favorite railroads....the Baltimore & Ohio and another one." - Charles S. Roberts

Proto48Patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Proto48Patrick »

Thanks guys.

I'll be the guy in a white quad cab sierra with a 3 year old lol
:wink:
Patrick Welch

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

trnwatcher wrote:I'm a hardcore railfan, rain, snow sleet only hamper photograhping trains, not watching them. So you'll see me down there in almost any weather.
Snow hampers photographing trains? Balderdash!

:D
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by justalurker66 »

Proto48Patrick wrote:Thanks guys.

I'll be the guy in a white quad cab sierra with a 3 year old lol
:wink:
Where is the nearest restroom to Judd St?

trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

justalurker66 wrote:
Proto48Patrick wrote: Where is the nearest restroom to Judd St?
The bathrooms at Marquette Park (corner of Judd and Marquette St.) are the closest, when they are open. Otherwise there is a Taco Bell on Chicago Drive east of Judd St or the Mobil Station near the west end of the yard on Chicago Dr.
Steven F. Shick

I.T. guy/Railfan
"The true railfan has two favorite railroads....the Baltimore & Ohio and another one." - Charles S. Roberts

trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

J T wrote:
trnwatcher wrote:Snow hampers photographing trains? Balderdash!

:D
Neither rain nor snow or dark of night will keep JT from standing in the weeds to get..."the shot". JT: you are one of the unique exceptions...;-)
Steven F. Shick

I.T. guy/Railfan