Mysterious hoppers.....

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Re: Mysterious hoppers.....

Unread post by Scooterb »

PriorrightsConrail , Welcome aboard. Thanks for the info.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Buster Manning wrote:It looks like Kellogs' inbound traffic has picked up as I see LOTS of BNSF and UP family covered hoppers being moved--some days it looks like there are at least 10 cars a day that are waiting on the track that NS picks up from.
Kellogg had a few strings of Covered Hoppers in and out about a week ago. I think they may have filled some of the silos they recently worked on. Now the Kellogg yard is mostly empty except for the normal daily stuff. But you are correct, Hinman Yard was slammed the last few weeks. Not sure where all that was from and too. Someone mentioned a lot of grain being shipped due to the recent harvest this time of year.
Mark it Zero.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

8am. The DRSX 1005 is switching the kellogg yard, Looks like they have a drag of empty hoppers they are setting out for CN to pick up. The Jameson St. Gate is open and there is a 4900 series GP waiting to enter and grab them.
Last edited by A No.1 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark it Zero.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

I was wrong, Its a GP 9 4623. It took ONE car. Not sure whats up with that.
Mark it Zero.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for the updates, JA. It appears that CN still gets some business at Kellogg which contradicts what I heard earlier, or as can happen, things changed.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Here ya go.

Mark it Zero.

PriorrightsConrail
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PriorrightsConrail »

You are right, I overlooked Wolverine vinyl siding AKA Certainteed. I realized that the next day myself. They are down at the moment and have been on again/off again all year as a result of the building industry being in the crap.

PriorrightsConrail
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PriorrightsConrail »

And no, there are no new rumors flying about at the moment concerning the remainder of the Michigan Line operations.

tazer
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by tazer »

And no, there are no new rumors flying about at the moment concerning the remainder of the Michigan Line operations.
Good it will keep my old friends working at home

I was lurking around Albion yesterday and caught the B-16 headed for Guardian without the regular crew.