Coopersville & Marne RR

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
lee45174
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Coopersville & Marne RR

Unread post by lee45174 »

Don't they haul some PV's out of GR? The "Navy" comes to mind.

amtrak1007
MP 25 Productions Co-Founder

Unread post by amtrak1007 »

Navy and the Brook tail car have moved on...

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

Raildudes dad wrote:Non -passenger operations can be conducted on excepted track. Passenger operations require Class 1 track. Therefore Continental can be served on under the existing tracks conditions west of Eastmanville Street .

Continental produces non-fat powered milk for the food industry. That market is not a typical rail car service market. To my knowledge Continental has not initiated any conversation concerning rail traffic.

The new plant under construction is going to produce their "Core Power" product with distribution by Coca-Cola. It is a fresh milk based protein drink that does not need refrigeration. However, this also is not a traditional rail car commodity.

IMHO, rail service to the plant is possible but not probable.
All we need is one extra strip of track whether it be a wye or a siding and that's it.... like that will ever happen. :lol:

Also,
Trainman223 wrote:If they actually had a couple solid customers, I could see G&W buying them out.
^ This guy! XD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.

Trainman223
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Trainman223 »

tsinoms wrote:
Raildudes dad wrote:Non -passenger operations can be conducted on excepted track. Passenger operations require Class 1 track. Therefore Continental can be served on under the existing tracks conditions west of Eastmanville Street .

Continental produces non-fat powered milk for the food industry. That market is not a typical rail car service market. To my knowledge Continental has not initiated any conversation concerning rail traffic.

The new plant under construction is going to produce their "Core Power" product with distribution by Coca-Cola. It is a fresh milk based protein drink that does not need refrigeration. However, this also is not a traditional rail car commodity.

All we need is one extra strip of track whether it be a wye or a siding and that's it.... like that will ever happen. :lol:

Also,
Trainman223 wrote:If they actually had a couple solid customers, I could see G&W buying them out.
^This guy! XD Douche bag!

amtrak1007

Trainman223 wrote:
tsinoms wrote:

Also,
^This guy! XD Douche bag!
^This guy! XD Douche bag! Something something dark side!!!!

lee45174
Railroadfan...fan

amtrak1007 wrote:Navy and the Brook tail car have moved on...
Where did the cars go?

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

lee45174 wrote:
Where did the cars go?
Babbling Brook was sold to a new owner out west IIRC and Navy 118 relocated to an Army base down south.
Last edited by SD80MAC on Mon May 13, 2013 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

The cars went bye bye! :lol: :twisted: :roll: :mrgreen:
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

lee45174
Railroadfan...fan

SD80MAC wrote:
lee45174 wrote:
Where did the cars go?
Babbling Brook was sold to a new owner out west IIRC and Navy 118 relocated to an Army base down south.
Since I asked the question I have come to realize that "Babbling Brook" was at the NTD event in Grand Central and that Navy is at Fort Eustis. I did not know that Fort Eustis was available for PV storage. I had thought that it was a pretty good setup to be able to access AMTRAK at GR. Thanks for your help!

amtrak1007

lee45174 wrote:
SD80MAC wrote:
lee45174 wrote: Where did the cars go?
Since I asked the question I have come to realize that "Babbling Brook" was at the NTD event in Grand Central and that Navy is at Fort Eustis. I did not know that Fort Eustis was available for PV storage. I had thought that it was a pretty good setup to be able to access AMTRAK at GR. Thanks for your help!
The museum there made an exception for the navy car. Decent on/off access from Newport News VA Amtrak.