Charlotte and Southern Visitors update thread

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: Late update September 18, 2010

Unread post by AARR »

Larry G wrote:Dinner Train is being readied to go out on line tonight for Murder-Mystery. It is in the loading area at 15:00.
I already know who donnit...CN killed the grain traffic :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Larry G
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Late update September 18, 2010

Unread post by Larry G »

AARR wrote:
Larry G wrote:Dinner Train is being readied to go out on line tonight for Murder-Mystery. It is in the loading area at 15:00.
I already know who donnit...CN killed the grain traffic :)
True, but....The question is: Why does CN go against the grain??? :D
"If I Harp at you, it is only to Spur you on!

Larry G
Railroadfan...fan

October 16 update

Unread post by Larry G »

Observed the Dinner Train getting ready for an evening run this afternoon. Train was in the loading area at 4PM getting ready.

RRTTF
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Charlotte and Southern Visitors update thread

Unread post by RRTTF »

Larry G,

Could you please report back to us what time the train departs, what time it returns, how many passengers are on board, and, if possible, a break down of what entrees the passengers had. This is all very important for historical preservation purposes.

Thank you.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

RRTTF wrote:Larry G,

Could you please report back to us what time the train departs, what time it returns, how many passengers are on board, and, if possible, a break down of what entrees the passengers had. This is all very important for historical preservation purposes.

Thank you.
Is this possibly the last train on CSO? I'm looking forward to this train moving over to JAIL :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Larry G
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Larry G »

Is this possibly the last train on CSO? I'm looking forward to this train moving over to JAIL :)

No information on last Saturday night's run of the dinner train. However the schedule on the web page shows another run the Saturday after Thanksgiving and two runs in December with Christmas trains.

CN has dropped a string of approx 6 chemical tank cars since Saturday evening and they are in the loading area of the dinner train. Alson ten more tank cars sit by the lumber yard and old depot along with 2 other chemical tank cars just east of the dinner train itself at Lansing St. Storage is heating up again!!!

Talk of the demise of the dinner train here may be premature??????????????????
Last edited by Larry G on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Larry G wrote:Talk of the demise of the dinner train here may be premature??????????????????
Perhaps...but I would think when JAIL gets settled in they'll move the dinner train. So keep an eye out Larry G cause one of these days you may document the last train on the CSO like you did the last rail traffic from Owens Corning :(

Larry G
Railroadfan...fan

Oct 25, 2010 update

Unread post by Larry G »

CHS is in the 'tank' again. :D CN dropped off another cut of about 12 tank cars late Sunday.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: Oct 25, 2010 update

Unread post by AARR »

Larry G wrote:CHS is in the 'tank' again. :D CN dropped off another cut of about 12 tank cars late Sunday.
CHS says "Tanks for the business" :lol:

Larry G
Railroadfan...fan

Nov 8, 2010 update

Unread post by Larry G »

CN dropped off two tank cars last week and they have been moved out to join the others. String of stored cars is almost west to the Meijer store on M-50.

Dinner Train was seen idling at the old depot restaurant one day last week. Perhaps waiting for supplies.

Next excursion is over the Thanksgiving weekend per online schedule to be followed by a couple of Saturday Christmas Specials in December.

Otherwise very quiet these days.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Larry - Are you going to check out JAIL one of these days?

Larry G
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Larry G »

AARR wrote:Larry - Are you going to check out JAIL one of these days?
I don't know yet....I will have to find a way over to Rives Junction overland since the CHS ends near Flanders Road. The rails have been pulled up east of Flanders Road to Rives Junction making it hard for a direct connection to the JAIL. :) :shock:

Larry G
Railroadfan...fan

November 18, 2010 update

Unread post by Larry G »

Interesting notation on the bad order tank car in storage on CHS...

Larry G
Railroadfan...fan

November 27, 2010 Update

Unread post by Larry G »

CHS Dinner Train made an extremely short run tonight going ONLY two city blocks and then taking siding on the run-by track for meals and entertainment..

Two more runs are scheduled on Saturdays in December for two Santa trains in the afternoon and dinner trains the same evening per web page. Will this mark the end of the train here in Charlotte? Stay tuned.....

Larry G
Railroadfan...fan

12-11-10 Update

Unread post by Larry G »

CHS Christmas Special

12-11-10 Christmas Special prepares to pull out on CHS. Timetable says there will be this run between 13:00 and 14:00 followed by a Dinner Train Run at 19:00 today.

CHS plans to repeat this double train schedule 12-18-10 also per timetable on web page.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Nice location for a picture Larry...by The Depot resturant :)

Larry G
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Larry G »

Thanks! :) Dinner Train is idling waiting its passengers for tonight's run at 17:30 when observed. Two trains in one day!!!

Larry G
Railroadfan...fan

December 18, 2010 update

Unread post by Larry G »

#3 is smoking as it warms up for today's Double run.

Santa Train is shown as sold out for this afternoon.

Dinner Train is also scheduled for 19:00 tonight. No further runs are scheduled after today.

All- Aboard!!

GrandTrunkFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GrandTrunkFan »

Was in town today to catch the CN Santa train and noticed the pizza place in the station is out of business and the building is up for sale. If anyone wants to own a train depot...
Nick

Larry G
Railroadfan...fan

Dec. 31 New Year's Eve Update

Unread post by Larry G »

Apparently an unscheduled charter is taking place this evening on the Dinner Train for New Year's Eve. Food service is loading meals on board at 14:00. No departure time is known so guessing the usual 19:00.

Happy New Year on the CHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Late addition: 17:55 Train is waiting with all lights on to go. Looks like at 19:00 departure on a very wet and rainy night.