Jackson & Lansing equipment

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
GTWRalph
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Jackson & Lansing equipment

Unread post by GTWRalph »

Dan, Great photos. Thanks for posting the photos. Now if I could only figure out to post photos here. LOL

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

CAT345C wrote:No that has to be a photoshop job the 15s don't really exist.
In the fog our eye's can play tricks on us. Those are really ex-MILW GP9's that have been chopped nosed :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GTWRalph
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWRalph »

Just to keep all updated. Both GP-15's are in the JAIL Barn. While both GP-9's are on the main line pointed towards Jackson. It was getting dark out so I could not get an accurate count of what was in the consist. There 1 gondola and the rest was coil cars.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

both GP 9 leaving Jackson now for Mason.

Sean N
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Sean N »

Units are out of the barn today and a leased unit is now in the barn.
Sean

Pete Mayor
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Pete Mayor »

As of last weekend the GP-15s are still sitting in the new enginehouse.
"I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.
"

jrgerber
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jrgerber »

Was in Mason on 2/27, one GP-15 inside building, both GP-9s and GP-15 outside on the tracks.

wawatam
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by wawatam »

The LTEX GP-15 s were pulled out of the barn today, (Mon 03-11) and taken up to Lansing. One of the GP-9 s was up front and the other 9 was on the end behind three gondolas.

rail_watcher
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rail_watcher »

This is old news, I know, but I just found out that LTEX 1419 & 1443 units had been returned to LTEX. Has JAIL gotten any other power to replace them? Or are they doing all operations with ADBF 1758 & 1760?

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

rail_watcher wrote:This is old news, I know, but I just found out that LTEX 1419 & 1443 units had been returned to LTEX. Has JAIL gotten any other power to replace them? Or are they doing all operations with ADBF 1758 & 1760?
AFAIK GP9's do all the work. Is there a 3rd GP9 assigned to JAIL?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

rail_watcher
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rail_watcher »

I know that ADBF has been working on 1759, getting it into running order. Maybe when it is competed it will be headed up there...

ThatRailfanningKid
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ThatRailfanningKid »

There are no other engines assigned to JAIL that I know of. The only equipment that I've seen other than the geeps are the F-unit in North Lansing, which appears to have been pulled from service, and the North Branch GLLX GP9(?) on what's left of an industrial spur on the west side. I think it used to operate a stone company, but I have no idea if it's even in operating condition, let alone if it's still in use. I drove by last weekend, and it looks extremely rusty and faded.
Evan

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

ThatRailfanningKid wrote:There are no other engines assigned to JAIL that I know of. The only equipment that I've seen other than the geeps are the F-unit in North Lansing, which appears to have been pulled from service, and the North Branch GLLX GP9(?) on what's left of an industrial spur on the west side. I think it used to operate a stone company, but I have no idea if it's even in operating condition, let alone if it's still in use. I drove by last weekend, and it looks extremely rusty and faded.
GLLX 921, is an ex Twin Branch Coal Co. GP18 and is operable. It runs whenever Conrad Yelvington gets a stone train to load in Lansing, which only happened a couple of times this year.

The F7 is from the old Michigan Air Line Railway in Wixom and isn't related to the JAIL operations. It's just sitting there because it needs work before it can be interchanged again.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

ThatRailfanningKid
Railroadfan...fan

SD80MAC wrote: GLLX 921, is an ex Twin Branch Coal Co. GP18 and is operable. It runs whenever Conrad Yelvington gets a stone train to load in Lansing, which only happened a couple of times this year.

The F7 is from the old Michigan Air Line Railway in Wixom and isn't related to the JAIL operations. It's just sitting there because it needs work before it can be interchanged again.
Interesting, it would be cool to see either of those two operating. What about the coach that I saw the F7 attached to?
Evan

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

The 921 wont be anywhere near Turner St.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

The coach is also from the old MAL. Not sure why it's still there.

ThatRailfanningKid
Railroadfan...fan

It could be waiting to be worked on as well, possibly.

Also, this summer I drove through mason one day, and there was an old switcher and a caboose, with no reporting marks that I could see and loads of weather and rust. I couldn't even tell what railroad they used to belong to. They were sitting on the tracks by the depot. Anybody else see them?
Evan

Sean N
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Sean N »

Saw the two there for a few days, they had ABBX reporting marks on them.
Sean

ThatRailfanningKid
Railroadfan...fan

Sean N wrote:Saw the two there for a few days, they had ABBX reporting marks on them.
Ok, didn't see the reporting marks. Still very interesting and peculiar nonetheless. Do you know if they went to ADBF or if they were scrapped?
Evan

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

ABRX, same company that owns the F7 and the coach in Lansing. Don't know why you thought they were rusty as the switcher (ABRX 1512) was repainted barely 2 years ago. They've been moved to Detroit by some of the companies debtors.