Wednesday's sightings report in Clare

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Wednesday's sightings report in Clare

Unread post by TrainNut85 »

On a cold and windy Wednesday my instincts told me to go see if anything happened at the tracks. Sure enough on the previous night the Owosso crew left a string of cars, which totaled to the amount of 50, mostly old C&NW 3-bay hoppers lettered with AOK on them, with my guess, The Arkansas & Oklahoma railroad, but of course this is just my guess, if I'm wrong someone can correct this. Well here are the pics from today's sighting.

Heres the long string of cars, with one pic showing the old logo.

But of course when you jinx yourself looking at train stuff, a train is to appear. The Cadillac crew came in just at the right time as I finished taking the second pic. #389 was on point of this train at Grant Rd.
After dropping off the cars they brought in, they came back with #385 leading #389.
Then I watched them head down to the switch then come back on the siding.
Then the pair hooked onto the string of 50 cars.
Then #385 started to lead the train and a motorist almost attempted to pass in front of it. It would be the 1 ton Dodge to the right in this photo.

This may be my last report 'cause as of this I will be moving to Owosso next week!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I like your pictures and narration of the action. Thanks, TrainNut85. I'll miss your Clare reports but maybe you'll sneak in an occasional Owosso report.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KVERBERK »

I am really going to miss the Clare reports. I love the play by play pics. looking forward to some Owosso reports.

Kyle
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan