Owosso question

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
intocable83
Railroadfan...fan

Owosso question

Unread post by intocable83 »

I see they still have the coal cars stored on the old NYC branch just outside of Owosso. Any idea when they plan to move them out of storage and wasn't their talk of abandoning this line? Is that business at the end still even open and if so how are they supposed to use rail service if they wanted to with the whole line blocked? lol

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: Owosso question

Unread post by AARR »

Last customer on the line to use rail seervice is a mile north of Oakley. I haven't heard that they were going to abandon the line. Terra in Fergus was open last time I went by but they haven't received rail service since early 1990's.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Are you talking about the GLC's ex NYC branch to Chesaning that 1225 frequents or the HESR's ex NYC branch that last I checked was full of stored cars, Don?
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

Jon and Don he is talking about the CSCX hoppers south of Owosso there are 104 hoppers out there i believe, they have been there about a year now no idea when they will be pulled though. HESR has filed to abandoned that line because the customer was not shipping enough cars.

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Abandonment came thru on that old NYC line south of Owosso. There are currently coal and auto frame flats stored south of town.
With the line abandoned they dont have to service the customer but they dont have to tear up the tracks. I'd assume that with the current economy and car storage rates that the line will survive for a few more years.
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

hobojim
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hobojim »

DR wrote:Abandonment came thru on that old NYC line south of Owosso. There are currently coal and auto frame flats stored south of town.
With the line abandoned they dont have to service the customer but they dont have to tear up the tracks. I'd assume that with the current economy and car storage rates that the line will survive for a few more years.
Darn, you mean we have to wait a few more years before we can put in a rail trail. :wink: :wink: :wink:
(That should raise some hackles, lol) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Ooops, I was thinking of the line north of Owosso that last time I looked still had hopper cars stored on it :oops:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...