HESR & SBS Sightings and SGVY Engine Q's

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

HESR & SBS Sightings and SGVY Engine Q's

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Had some time to kill today so I wandered over to Bay City and Saginaw. Swung by the HESR yard in Bay City and saw the old Saginaw Valley switchers sitting outside the shop. #999 has been patched as AEX #999990 and #998's SGVY number has been removed. Anyone know where these units are heading?

Anyone know what 999 is? It says SW12 on it so I'm assuming SW1200, but RRPA has it listed as an SW900, even though SW900's only have 1 exhaust stack....

Also caught Z118 heading back to Saginaw with 1166 leading, and HESR 800 was working the yard.

Sorry for the poopy pictures, lighting SUCKED today.
Last edited by SD80MAC on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

LSRC
Flat River Rat

Re: HESR & SBS Sightings and SGVY Engine Q's

Unread post by LSRC »

The two switchers were purchased by Anderson (?) grain elevator in Maumee, OH (just outside of Toledo). Can't help you on the switcher I.D., though I was told that one was an SW1200 and the other an SW9.

Josh
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Josh »

Nice pictures! I've always wanted to catcha train on that bridge. I caught the 800 job earlyer that day switching cars behind Walgreens in Saginaw!

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Nice pics and report CRJ. LSRC is correct, although I don't which one is the SW1200 and SW9. But, you're right CRJ, 1 stack = SW900.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

So, if I am to assume correct. Expect these guys to be headed out soon on CSX or CN, is that about right?

ALCO244
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ALCO244 »

The two switchers in the HESR Wenona yard are both SW 1200's. When they do go off line, they will go HESR to Saginaw, SBS to Flint, CSXT to Toledo and NS to Maumee and the Anderson's. The 998 will eventually become
AEX 999993.

AL

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Ok. So expect then on Q321 in the near future

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

They may have been purchased by Andersons, but that does not mean they will be in Maumee. Andersons has places all over the eastern states, including another one down south, that also has railcar repair and assorted features. I have spent the past two weeks trying to find the 9999990, in Maumee and near Sumner St. yard, and have not seen it, only place it could be is in the repair shop.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

As a update, AEX 999990 was delivered interchange to NS at Toledo, Oh. Jan 17th, at 22:50. Still have not seen it in Maumee (not at the repair shop either unless it is under lock and key inside) or anywhere else at a Andersons elevator, in the Toledo area. Where it was interchanged at suggests Maumee, but not as a rule. Any help from the other side as to where it went?

As a note, one of the old Plymouths at Maumee has recently been repainted from a greenish color to a CAT type yellow and black job.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

She has finally appeared, at Maumee, only they have rather hastly, and crudely painted out the 999990 with black spray paint and hand spray painted what looks like a 23 on the side. Other then that she looks the same as when she left. Going to try to get a photo of her one of these days on a Sunday when no one is around.