Wye at Durand out of service?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
kc8bdr
Railroadfan...fan

Wye at Durand out of service?

Unread post by kc8bdr »

I was listening in as 391 was getting ready to depart the yard at Pontiac tonight and when it was mentioned that they would be working at Durand, the crew asked it the wye was back in place. The dispatcher did not know anything. They did not say which wye, however I do know a coal train rounded the Chicago wye a bit over an hour ago as I watched on ATCS.

Anyone know anything?
Jim

In Waterford, Michigan

Near Mile Post 32 on CN's Holly Subdivision

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Wye at Durand out of service?

Unread post by Buster Manning »

Rail was being changed out on the Pt. Huron wye; should be back in service.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Buster Manning wrote:Rail was being changed out on the Pt. Huron wye; should be back in service.
Did this affect HESR or any other trains while it was out of service?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I think it might be the Port Huron wye. Because while watching the ATCS yesterday with GTW4633, the dispatcher had HESR back across the diamond then go back north rather than use the wye like they normally do.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Conrail Jon wrote:I think it might be the Port Huron wye. Because while watching the ATCS yesterday with GTW4633, the dispatcher had HESR back across the diamond then go back north rather than use the wye like they normally do.
Thanks CRJ. I was wondering what CMGN would do if it was the Port Huron wye. Guess they don't have any other choice but to go across the diamond like you said.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

jkh2cpu
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jkh2cpu »

KC8BRD? K6KMJ here.

John.