Action in Jackson 4-27-06

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Action in Jackson 4-27-06

Unread post by Scooterb »

I hear NS 38J at signal 62W so I jump in the truck and set up at Felters for the shot.
Well I should have gone one more crossing to the east as the sun was shining thier.
Well I will get him in the yard
But first will shoot B16 power
38J comming through the yard
Well he pick these 2 engines up in Wayne
He ties some more cars onto the train and backs back into the yard for this shot

B28 power 5528
Not bad for a few minutes of fanning :D

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Action in Jackson 4-27-06

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Scooterb wrote:Not bad for a few minutes of fanning :D
Not bad at all sir, not bad :) Nice to see 38J with some older power up front.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

Nice lighting in those pictures Scott

signmasters
Railroadfan...fan

What's 38J B16 power

Unread post by signmasters »

Hi, first great pics, now what is 38J, B16 and where do you come up with them, I tried my own approach, GP40-2 times pie squared to the power of 9 = Conrail 3067 GP40-2, what am I doing wrong? Thanks, Stay safe, have fun, rail fan rule! :roll:
A great photographer can make a great photo out of any kind of light from any angle at any time, life is not a studio! There is no such thing as bad light.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

38J is the NS train symbol for the train that runs from Elkhart to Jackson then Jackson to Wayne back to Jackson. 39J is the symbol for the same train going from Jackson to Elkhart. B16 is the local train from Jackson to Albion. B28 is the Lansing train Lansing to Jackson weekdays. weekends it symbol is B36 why I dont know, (unless its pie r2, or pie d2 x.748) or the sum of wich is greater than the universe :lol:

In Conrail days it was ELDW= Elkhart Detriot Wayne
LAAA= Lansing Ann Arbor

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BB »

Nice pictures and lighting Action Jackson!! :D
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

signmasters
Railroadfan...fan

Pie r2, I think

Scooterb wrote:38J is the NS train symbol for the train that runs from Elkhart to Jackson then Jackson to Wayne back to Jackson. 39J is the symbol for the same train going from Jackson to Elkhart. B16 is the local train from Jackson to Albion. B28 is the Lansing train Lansing to Jackson weekdays. weekends it symbol is B36 why I dont know, (unless its pie r2, or pie d2 x.748) or the sum of wich is greater than the universe :lol:

In Conrail days it was ELDW= Elkhart Detriot Wayne
LAAA= Lansing Ann Arbor
Thank you can I find a chart somewhere with all this on it so I can keep up with you guys? Again thank you. :D
A great photographer can make a great photo out of any kind of light from any angle at any time, life is not a studio! There is no such thing as bad light.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

There arnt to many or any available on line but I have one with all the listings of manifest, intermodel trains I will post on line eventually, its a couple years old but it works for me

signmasters
Railroadfan...fan

Thank You

Scooterb wrote:There arnt to many or any available on line but I have one with all the listings of manifest, intermodel trains I will post on line eventually, its a couple years old but it works for me
Thank You! :D

Hogger1225
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Hogger1225 »

The "B-36" symbol is used on the weekends because it is an "extra" train as opposed to being a regularly scheduled train. If they used used the "B-28" I guess it would somehow mess up the computers or the "syetem" wouldn't accept the symbol. Remember, NS is the 51% partner of the hostile takeover in 1999 that loaded test data into the computers instead of the actual data and then wondered why cars were roaming the country instead of getting delivered to the proper customers.
I used to get paid for doing what all of you like to watch!