CCI Warns Against Riding Rail Cars

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

Cleveland Cliffs officials say some teenagers who may think they're having fun are actually putting their lives in danger.

Over the past few weeks, they say, the teens have been spotted trespassing on CCI property and riding the rail cars.

"I can't overstate how dangerous this is for anyone to be doing that, in particular for kids to be jumping on the rail cars," said Cleveland Cliffs Manager Dale Hemilla. "Full, empty, or whatever...The dangerous part is getting caught in a piece of machinery, getting caught between a car, between two cars, or falling off."

More news...http://www.wluctv6.com/Global/story.asp ... 7&nav=81AX

GT Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GT Railfan »

I dont really see the fun in doing that. I once saw a accident in real life that pertaind to guy riding a freight train. not pretty. very stupid thing to do. Also, wasn't Cleaveland cliffs a shipping company?
Happy Railfanning, Bob 8)

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Mining Rights

Unread post by CAT345C »

Cleveland Cliffs, has the mining rights to the whole marquette area that can still be mined safely. They own the Tilden, and Empire Mines, I'm sure they owned the Republic mine to. They recently bought the LS&I about 2-3 years ago. I'm not a big fan of them, but it keeps the CN from takin' out a unique line. I was told by a LS&I dock worker, that CN was eying the line then CCI was able to buy them so it costs them less to ship our their ore, with access to a ore dock.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e