Making a trip to Hillsdale later this month...

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

Making a trip to Hillsdale later this month...

Unread post by Todd Cline »

Hey guys, in another week or two my cousin and I are thinking about going down and railfanning the Indiana Northeastern. Can anyone give me a basic run-down on what the best times and/ or locations are to catch trains on that line? We will probably be going there on a weekday since he is taking a vacation from work. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Todd

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Making a trip to Hillsdale later this month...

Unread post by Buster Manning »

Stop in at the office and check with them to find out. The people in the office are friendly and will answer your questions; that and with you checking in first, they won't be alarmed if they see you on the property and not run you off.

StrayWolf716
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Making a trip to Hillsdale later this month...

Unread post by StrayWolf716 »

As Buster said, the office staff is quite friendly. Give them a call if you think you'll be around on the weekend, and they'll give you a heads up if any moves are planned for the weekend, and on what line.
Often times, as of lately, I've found a train (usually for MoW purposes), parked down around Ashley for the weekend, west of the Steubenville switch to go north. Close by the I-69 exit to IN-4, I should say. And while you're there, be sure to check out the MCM Geep sitting pretty 90 degrees to IN-4(or whatever county road it is, at that point.) It's at the very end of the spur for Klink Trucking, and the excavation facility right next to it with the dome.