Thank You Canadian Pacific!!!!

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
ETR#101
Railroadfan...fan

Thank You Canadian Pacific!!!!

Unread post by ETR#101 »

Canadian Pacific just donated a 1952 streamlined baggage express car to the restoration group I belong to, the Southern Ontario Locomotive Restoration Society!

The car was built in 1952 as CPR baggage-express car #4769, a round roofed streamlined car that was used system-wide and originally painted in CPR Tuscan Red with gold lettering. Some of this series were also used on The Canadian as extra baggage cars, painted in silver to match the stainless steel consist. It was converted to a tool car in 1971 and used on auxilliary trains. The length is 81 feet. This will provide us with storage and shelter at the Hearn site in Amherstburg that we work on our Alco's at. After passing a safety inspection, the car has left Montreal and is in Toronto, now being sent down to Windsor on a freight train for pickup by the Essex Terminal. The time of arrival is still uncertain, but it should be in the next couple of days or so.

Now.....I cannot for the life of me find a photo of her online. Can anyone provide me with one or something close to her? :mrgreen:

Just thought I'd share some good news from over here in Windsor.
On the job since 1941

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Thank You Canadian Pacific!!!!

Unread post by hoborich »

That's good news,eh. :lol:
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

chessiefan1
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Thank You Canadian Pacific!!!!

Unread post by chessiefan1 »

I caught it in Ojibway yard yesterday ( Jan 12 2010). Here she is:

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPictur ... id=2369357

Myles Roach,