DRD Thursday AM

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Norm
Railroadfan...fan

DRD Thursday AM

Unread post by Norm »

Seems somebody made a mistake. Normally, the Flint local drops in with a few cars, picks up some, and heads back toward Flint. This morning there seemed to be an extra from Pontiac with a boatload of cars that took the high wye and then switched Durand. He hels at Pitt till the Flint local gt into the yard with power up front.

This morning was different. The Flint local and the extra were working Durand yard at the same time. The extra from Pontiac had a lot of cars northbound and then left with a substantial number of them headed for Flint.

It left me wondering if there could have been some mistakes made in the wee small hours of the morning. This is the first time I' ve seen a northbound extra working the Durand yard.
Norm

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: DRD Thursday AM

Unread post by AARR »

I would have loved to be there to see this.

On one occasion I saw the Flint local and 490 or 489 (the one that comes from Chicago and heads towards Flat Rock) working Durand at the same time.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

Interesting this morning. The Flint local pulled into the yard head first but running long hood forward. They did not use the high wye and back into the yard as usual but ran directly into the yard.l. Meantime, there was a headlight just beyond Pitt waiting for the Flint local. After they made the move the extra from Pontiac used the high wye and backed in. They hitched up to a bunch if cars and proceeded to Flint.The crew from 490 must have goofed and left cars destined for Flint here.

The extra brought a lot of cars from Pontiac. Two Geeps were leading. This is the first time I've seen that, so I can't help but think someone screwed up.

It took the better part of two hours to watch the ballet.
Norm

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

AARR wrote:I would have loved to be there to see this.

On one occasion I saw the Flint local and 490 or 489 (the one that comes from Chicago and heads towards Flat Rock) working Durand at the same time.
Don,

It seems 490's schedule has been changed. They now seem to work Durand in the wee small hours before headig south on the Holly, If I get up around five I hear them preparing to leave.
Norm

odave
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by odave »

I caught that extra coming up from Pontiac this morning in Holly. Pleasant surprise - I hardly ever see CN trains on my commute since 490 started running earlier. Heard them discussing their moves with Desk 9 a little later. Sounds like it was fun to watch.