Nugent at Berry Jct.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
lemscate
Railroadfan...fan

Nugent at Berry Jct.

Unread post by lemscate »

Not sure how this good news has escaped notice so far.. Nugent's sand transload facility at Berry Junction is under construction. They got the concrete foundations poured and what appears to be a surge bin installed. Looks like spots for loading two cars at a time. It's located right on the old main to Whitehall immediately north of the north wye switch, directly across from the Cordova groundwater treatment plant. No pictures since I was up there past dark, I'll try to get up there in daylight in the next week or so.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Nugent at Berry Jct.

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for the update. I think this one did fly under the radar. Looking forward to the pictures.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

If what I read is accurate they ship as much if not more frac sand as foundry sand. Foundry sand is around 65 cars a week (Defiance uses 6,500 tons per week from what I read at website)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

bctrainfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bctrainfan »

Is this going to be on MMR? Not familiar with area off-hand.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Yes, MS (MMRR) on the old CSX line to Fremont/Montague.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Saw the cars parked there when I was by berry junction about 2 weeks ago. Had some cars there in June as well.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

Doktor No wrote:They have been recieveing more HMLX ex UP/MoPac hoppers of late for their stock.
Interesting! Now that you mention this, these ex-UP HLMX 2-bay are coming up via UP through IL. Coming from EStL and beyond, these cars came up to Villa Grove on the MASCH for several days in big block of 30-40 cars. They were set out here for the north local to bring up to Coaler (Watseka) for interchange with CSX and Q596 furthers them into Chicago. Kinda cool to see cars coming through here headed for the old hometown.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Nugent was running out sand at their current location (there's still sand there but the neighbors are objecting and the DNR won't permit any more mining). This new location will be their mine. Recently Nugent asked for an extension at the current mine since the economy reduced demand and they still have mineable sand there.