Adrian & Blissfield/P Company Question

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Adrian & Blissfield/P Company Question

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

While the Adrian & Blissfield is a popular topic, I have a question about their operations. I was talking to a guy at the Gratiot Valley show last weekend, and he claimed that they have 5 different operations. I know about the original (i.e. the ADBF), the DCON (Detroit Connecting), the Lapeer Industrial, the JAIL and the job up in Charlotte, but this guy mentioned a line running between Plymouth and Livonia. He did clarify that it is NOT the Coe/MAL that he was thinking of, that there is another line out that way that the ADBF operates on.

The question is, is there really another ADBF operation out that way, or was this gentleman confusing the CSX line north of Plymouth with something else? I really don't recall who the conversation was with, or much else about the conversation, only that I can't think of a shortline running around in Plymouth.

By the way, it was great to meet a couple people from this site at the Gratiot Valley show and to put a few names here with their faces.
Last edited by GreatLakesRailfan on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Charles W.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Re: Adrian & Blissfield Question

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Don't think there's any shortlines between Plymouth and Livonia.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Ive been teasing Mr ADBF for years to buy CSX's West Branch (Detroit Oak Yard about 5ish miles east to ???) and adjoining CR's P Company Jct Branch. Their office is nearby and they have a good track record building local business. But no, at this time everything in Plymouth/Livonia is owned and operated by CSX.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Crow T Robot
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Crow T Robot »

AARR wrote:Ive been teasing Mr ADBF for years to buy CSX's West Branch (Detroit Oak Yard about 5ish miles east to ???) and adjoining CR's P Company Jct Branch. Their office is nearby and they have a good track record building local business. But no, at this time everything in Plymouth/Livonia is owned and operated by CSX.
Not to change the subject but what is P Company? Is it just the name of the Jct. or is it an actual business?
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=24021
http://crow_t_robot.rrpicturearchives.net/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Spawn674 - I need a better video camera

RRTTF
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by RRTTF »

"P Company" is another nickname for Pennsylvania Railroad.

KenB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KenB »

P-Company Junction is in Dearborn, MI. It is where the Pennsylvania RR (Now Conrail -DSAA) west belt branch diverges off the C&O.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Gonna hijack the thread back to the original topic for a second...

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I was pretty sure there wasn't anything like that in the Plymouth area, but now I know I'm not blind or crazy.
~ Charles W.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

CSX's Detroit West Branch is switched 2x per week and occasionally 3. Major shippers are scrap metal and syrup (Coca Cola plant). They were handling quite a bit of inbound coiled steel but the Thyssen plant does not appear to be very busy so I don't know if they still get rail service.

P Company Jct. Branch is switched 1x per week to chemical plant at end of line. Usually 3-4 tanks cars. There may be another small customer or two (brick?). However, I have not railfanned it in a long time and for all I know there are no more active customers.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

I haven't seen anything into Thyssen in a while. I'm pretty sure they are trucking everything into there now. CSX runs this line Tuesday and Fridays.

There are in fact active customers on the Conrail branch, which I last checked out in January. LV-4 out of Livernois ran up there on a Tuesday morning. They left most of their train at Joy Road, then ran light up toward Schaefer Highway to pickup a single boxcar. West Friendship Materials, which is a brick company on Schaefer is the shipper.

M&LS
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Adrian & Blissfield/P Company Question

Unread post by M&LS »

MKT_fan11 wrote:and he claimed that they have 5 different operations. I know about the original (i.e. the ADBF), the DCON (Detroit Connecting), the Lapeer Industrial, the JAIL and the job up in Charlotte,
I'm pretty sure that my counting skills still work, and I count five.

ADBF
DCON
JAIL
CHS
LIRX

I also have no idea what other line he was talking about.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

KenB wrote:P-Company Junction is in Dearborn, MI. It is where the Pennsylvania RR (Now Conrail -DSAA) west belt branch diverges off the C&O.
P-Company is also in Walbridge, and was the connection between C&O/PRR at WR Tower.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

atrainguy60 wrote:Don't think there's any shortlines between Plymouth and Livonia.

Plymouth and Livonia are served by CSX.
Norm