Those old stories....

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
bctrainfan
Railroadfan...fan

Those old stories....

Unread post by bctrainfan »

Noticed a few folks on here who are actually apologetic for "boring" us with their stories! I am sorry if your family/friends have trained you that way ('Oh no, Dad's gonna tell one of his dumb old train stories again"). Now I'm fairly new to this board and railfanning in general, but as far as I can tell, those "dumb old train stories" are exactly what we love to hear!! So I think its safe to speak for most us on here and say, "Bring on those stories!"

PS new dumb train stories, and all the "inside" tidbits from you actual RR guys are welcome as well 8)

hobojim
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Those old stories....

Unread post by hobojim »

I have never heard a 'boring' train story. :mrgreen:

firemedic54
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by firemedic54 »

I wish I had stories to tell....lol :D

MIGN-Todd
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MIGN-Todd »

Hmmm.... going to look up a story that I posted on here a while back.
U.S.Army Retired- under new management (see wife)

trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

Unread post by trnwatcher »

My dad retired from CSX in 1989. After he retired there where a group of 6-8 "old' farts" that would gather in a local bakery\coffee shop and swap stories from the old days. I had the priveldge of sitting in a a couple of their doughnut meetings. I used to laugh when one of them would start a story from the past one of them others would say.."Oh hell, that's story number XX". They where numbering their stories because they had heard or told them so many times. I guess that happens when you work with the same people for 40 plus years. There where 3 of them (my dad included ) that had been freinds since elementary school that all got hired on by the PM back in the 40's. Loved to hear their old stories. I just wish now that that I had recorded their little "doughnut meetings".
Steven F. Shick
http://www.youtube.com/user/trnwatcher
http://www.trnwatcher.net

I.T. guy/Railfan
"The true railfan has two favorite railroads....the Baltimore & Ohio and another one." - Charles S. Roberts