Detroit & Mackinac grain elevators and movement...

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
rustbeltrailroad
Railroadfan...fan

Detroit & Mackinac grain elevators and movement...

Unread post by rustbeltrailroad »

Does anybody know what grain elevators the D&M served in the 1980s? Did the one in Kakawlin ever see D&M service? We are trying to figure out many grain cars came down in harvest season and where they may have went? C&O Saginaw or BC, GTW Durand (or TSBY), port @ Saginaw???
Thanks so much for anything at all-
Martin

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: Detroit & Mackinac grain elevators and movement...

Unread post by AARR »

D&M brought in feed and fertilizer to a few of the small elevators but I'm not sure if any shipped out grain. If they did Pinconning might have.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

Kawkawlin till the mid 80's I believe,Pinconning up to the 80's i believe, Linwood also had one on Elevator road. Standish milling right up to the current day LSRC are the only ones I can think of off hand. standish gets up to 4 cars at a time.

lightning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lightning »

Posibly Turner Bean & Grain????? :mrgreen:

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

lightning wrote:Posibly Turner Bean & Grain????? :mrgreen:
Hey lightning, I heard Turner gets a few carloads of fertilizer but doesn't ship out grain. Ditto for Standish except I heard they get some birdseed/feed ingredients too but again nothing shipped outbound by rail. Can you confirm? Thanks!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...