Sun and no trains - 11-09-06

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Sun and no trains - 11-09-06

Unread post by ~Z~ »

On the way in to work, nice and sunny, with no freight on the move around GR. Did hear a couple of CSX yard jobs working Wyoming Yard, and NS had it's local firing up to do some work. Although the guy said he wanted to go home since it was such a nice day, but oh well. I should have gotten out earlier had I thought about stopping by Wyoming Yard to try to find those Marquette units.

When heading down Alpine north of I-96, did pick up the dispatcher talking to MOW to get time on the track...saw the meter was a bit weak, and turns out it was the transmitter at Alto for MOW between Elmdale and Lake O. Nice to hear out that far on the car antenna...hope to get more distance when I do end up getting a house and have a tower put up like scooter :)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Lunch time provided no trains runnin around either. When lunch just started, MOW took the track over around Holland.

As lunch was ending though, i was about to get out of the car to go into work, heard the dispatch finally pipe up. Y121 was off of lunch break, switching around Waverly. Now an odd one... heard "k351, west, clear Jenison"...this was at 1:55pm.

K351 runs chicago to Detroit, lite coke. So who knows if the ringing in my ears was playin tricks, or if the crew called the wrong symbol..i'd guess it's was on my end though :) So heads up either east or west ahaha.

As a side note that I forgot to post on, CP X500-07 was running very late last night. As I left work at 6pm, X500 was just heading into Wyoming Yard, and would be recrewed.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

donnieland
Owner of Donnieland's Outpost

Unread post by donnieland »

hi zack

the westbound you heard at 155pm was k911
os'd east waverly about 225pm

don
don baxter