New Kid On The Block

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Norm
Railroadfan...fan

New Kid On The Block

Unread post by Norm »

Hi all,

Name's Norm. I live in Waterford, and haunt the Holly and Saginaw subs frequently. I get around quite a bit, and yesterday met JT in Owosso. Got a few good shots of 1225 with no heads in the way.

I see from reading the posts that the east side of the state is somewhat underrepresented. We don't have some of the good scenery you have on the west side, but Ill offer what few photos I have that are presentable.
Gotta learn the tricks of this software first. I participate on an aviation forum, and their software is quite different.

Gotta think up an avatar. In the meantime just imagine the "Dirty Old Man" from Laugh In if you're old enough to remember the show.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

welcome aboard Norm, 8)

cnw8835
Grain Train Fetish LOLZ

Unread post by cnw8835 »

Welcome aboard Norm. I look forward to seeing your pictures from along the Holly. I've been able to drive along the line from Pontiac to Durand a few times and have always wanted to see more pictures from that area.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Is there another JT on here?

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

Hi Norm! Welcome.

I can be found at least once a month from March to November in Durand. I live about 2 miles east from the Holly Sub mile 15 in Royal Oak. Both my father in Howell (mile post 81) and my grandmother in Cadillac (mp 231) have the GLC running through their back yards. Most my trips are centered around CN, but I really like Plymouth, Carleton, and Romulus.

Railwidow
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Railwidow »

Welcome aboard..
Vanessa

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

JT, I probably got the name wrong. It was a quick meet, and amidst the confusion........

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Hi Norm. There's other east siders on this board. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

the East side has no representation..man..I must be sleeping on the job!!LOL.
Welcome aboard Norm. As for "us east siders"..Don and I are the premier auhority. 8) I, to, look forward to seeing pic's and posts from ya..as my tenure as "Thumb expert" will draw to a close in Febuary, and i cant let Don steal all the glory (LOL..jk Don).
Dave C

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

There's a handful of other east siders besides Dave and I. I've seen Dave Lang and Greg Fullmer. There's more but my brain can only remember so much and then it stops remembering :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

no East siders, ha, I have taken almost 900 pictures this year, and I'm on the CSX Plymouth Sub at South Lyon, and at least once a month around Novi and Wixom (MP75-MP67) on the Sag Sub, welcome aboard. I do kinda agree with him, seems more west siders post pictures. What do we call Gregg? a Halfie? He lives in Lansing.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e