LSRC 326

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

LSRC 326

Unread post by CSXBOY »

Can someone give me a heads up when LSRC 326 leaves Alpena on Friday June 26th 2015 and also tell me how long does it get to Greenbush US 23 crossing. I will be going to on a weekend trip up to Oscoda MI and I know that 326 stops just north of Oscoda. Im leaving Livonia at like between 9:00 am to 10:00 am

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Re: LSRC 326

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

A few Fridays ago they departed Alpena shortly after 5pm. The speed limit is 10 mph. The 120ish mile run to Bay City takes approx 12 hours.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Crew on duty in Alpena at 17:00. Usually on the move by 17:30.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXBOY »

How long does it take from Alpena to Greenbush (just south of Harrisville Michigan)?

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Approx 4 hours. 40 miles Alpena to Greenbush, 10 mph.

CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXBOY »

So what time should I leave Ceder lake and go see train 326 in Greenbush. It takes about 5-10 minutes to get to Greenbush

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

CSXBOY wrote:So what time should I leave Ceder lake and go see train 326 in Greenbush. It takes about 5-10 minutes to get to Greenbush
To be safe I'd get there 1 hour before the train usually arrives. But keep in mind the train may not leave Alpena at exactly the same time every day. There are occasional days it doesn't run too.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

CSXBOY wrote:So what time should I leave Ceder lake and go see train 326 in Greenbush. It takes about 5-10 minutes to get to Greenbush
Please don't ask us to spoon feed you, use math.
MQT3001 wrote:Crew on duty in Alpena at 17:00. Usually on the move by 17:30.
milineamtrak wrote:Approx 4 hours. 40 miles Alpena to Greenbush, 10 mph.
CSXBOY wrote:It takes about 5-10 minutes to get to Greenbush
So take 17:30 then add 4 hours = 21:30 then subtract 10 minutes = 21:20. As always, times aren't exact on a train that's been on the road for 4+ hours at that point so if you are 5-10 minutes away, listen for horn and chase it south if you have to if you aren't able to be at Greenbush for a little while ahead of time.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

I'd say 8:00 be trackside, given that the have been moving a little quicker recently. If you don't like waiting, you'll have to play the odds and listen then chase. Piece of cake on US23

CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXBOY »

Thanks everybody I will be trackside at around 8:00 pm on Friday night

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Doktor No »

And then when the train shows up at 19:30 it will be all your fault folks. Been there got that before.
Good grief, hear the horn then go down to the tracks, see the pretty train.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXBOY »

Okay Maybe its best to get leave Oscoda at 7:10 pm if it gets there at 7:30 pm. Also Kittylitter Also When I went to go see it back in 2014 it was stopped a few miles north of Oscoda. It departed at 10:30 pm I was on cedar lake and I heard it. So that's why I want to go to Greenbush. I know for sure it goes by the Us 23 crossing Why: Watch this video Click this link Its really in Greenbush Not Harrisville.
http://bit.ly/1Ix0eBT

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Chance of it being earlier than 8:30 at Rosebush is really really low this time of year. Probably a 9-9:30 train.

Unfortunately, you're a week too early. I'll be up there the following week, and could have provided an Alpena departure update.

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Make sure you don't miss it!!!! Set a tent up at that exact crossing 3 days in advance and then wait for the train on the 26th. If you're there for the days before you'll get a rough idea the time and you wont miss the train on the 26th!
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXBOY »

Which is it should I leave Cedar lake at 7:10 pm or 8:10 pm. I am NOT leaving Livonia tomorrow. I am leaving Friday morning. I seen a lot of youtube videos that the train leaves Alpena at around 5:00 pm.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

If the train leaves at 5pm and it takes 4 hours to get to Greenbush (9pm) you can probably figure out on your own what time you should leave.

If it were me I'd go earlier rather than later in case they run early that day.
CSXBOY wrote:Which is it should I leave Cedar lake at 7:10 pm or 8:10 pm. I am NOT leaving Livonia tomorrow. I am leaving Friday morning. I seen a lot of youtube videos that the train leaves Alpena at around 5:00 pm.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Ignore the folks who are being silly. I'd actually say 9 is a good time. They run late more than early. Plus I like 40 miles is a little too straight, but the time they deal with the curvature and swing around the bay it is probably more like 45...but I'm not sure.

I'd go 9. If you happen to hear them before that, then they're not that hard to chase. You'll be bored to death waiting if you go at 8.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

My suggestion would be to stop in Bay City first............. Wenona Yard is only about a mile off the highway.

CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXBOY »

Thanks everybody I will leave at 8:50 pm on friday night

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Make sure you're early..... I'd say 8:47:53 PM... Don't wanna miss it!
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.