What CSX Sub Goes Through Monroe?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
TrainStuff13
Railroadfan...fan

What CSX Sub Goes Through Monroe?

Unread post by TrainStuff13 »

What is the name of the CSX Sub that goes south from Carleton down through Monroe and into Toledo?

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Re: What CSX Sub Goes Through Monroe?

Unread post by Doktor No »

Used to be the Saginaw Subdivision, these days probably Flint Sub? Timetable out in the truck and I'm too lazy to go get it. Toledo Terminal Sub starts at Stearns Road.
Spent many an hour/day going back and forth from Toledo to GRP back in the 90's. Up and down back and forth.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

Ham and swiss sub
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Doktor No wrote:Used to be the Saginaw Subdivision, these days probably Flint Sub? Timetable out in the truck and I'm too lazy to go get it. Toledo Terminal Sub starts at Stearns Road.
Spent many an hour/day going back and forth from Toledo to GRP back in the 90's. Up and down back and forth.
It is currently the Saginaw Sub from Mt Morris to Carleton. Carleton and southward is the Toledo Terminal Sub.

Interestingly, the Plymouth Jct is all considered to be the Plymouth Sub. Everything within the plant, that is. Thus when trains pass NB and SB through Plymouth, they're momentarily on the Plymouth Sub before returning to the Saginaw.

East of the signals at Plymouth, it's the Detroit Sub. North of Carleton, the Lincoln Secondary branches directly towards Detroit. FWIW
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow