Pedestrian vs train

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
CN_Okemos
Railroadfan...fan

Pedestrian vs train

Unread post by CN_Okemos »

Unsure of train symbol but a CN hit a pedestrian in downtown Charlotte this afternoon.
Greg

Railfanning the nearly dead CSX Plymouth Sub and slightly more active CN Flint Sub.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Pedestrian vs train

Unread post by AARR »

Couple kids playing chicken with the train. Neil at MIRR.com reported one injury was a 4" gash to the head and broken leg. What I can't figure out is how does one play chicken with a train and only get a cut and broken leg. Seems a 200+ ton engine going 50+mph would pulverize a human being :? .
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

AARR wrote:Couple kids playing chicken with the train. Neil at MIRR.com reported one injury was a 4" gash to the head and broken leg. What I can't figure out is how does one play chicken with a train and only get a cut and broken leg. Seems a 200+ ton engine going 50+mph would pulverize a human being :? .
He must have been hit in the transition stage between a miss and a pulverizing. :twisted:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

Don, one factor to consider....no train runs that fast at this location---there would be some repercussions if they did...

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

He probably was almost clear and just got clipped and knocked off to the side. Clearly, he wasn't run over.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".