Lake State action the past few days.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
LSRC
Flat River Rat

Lake State action the past few days.

Unread post by LSRC »

Without specification stone shipping in the winter, there hasn't been too much action. However, this is what I saw this week.

1/24/07 (I know that the date in the gallery says 1/25)

M420W 3504
C425M 381
1 CSX Grain Car
2 Empty AOK Flatcars
15 Cement and flyash cars

This was a very strange train. The CSX grain car, I assume, came from the elevator at Johnson street, but I have never seen lumber car on the huron sub. I thought about it for a while, and realized that a lumber company in Oscoda recently started shipping by rail. I assume that the switch faces north, so the 327a picks it up, and brings it North to Alpena, where they are put on the 326 Southbound the next day.

Here is it at Franklin.
http://www.dailymotion.com/LAKESTATE92/ ... 3504-frank

at Werth
http://www.dailymotion.com/LAKESTATE92/ ... 3504-night

1/26/07
I stopped by the yard, hoping that the 325 was working. It wasn't, but there were two bowcars on the main, two farther down the main, two on the side of the roundhouse, one (or more) in the yard, and a truck loading things for Saginaw. Boy, its sure taking a LOT of work.
Here are some pictures. BTW, what railroad is MDW?

1/27/07
I stopped by the yard again. The 3504 was outside the roundhouse for the weekend. The boxcars were gone. There were 20 some flyash cars, 23 stone car (stored for the winter), and some flyash cars in the plant. The 020 was unloading flyash cars, like usual.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

MDW = Minnesota, Dakota and Western Railway
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

What is the name of the owner of the loco with the "C" on the cab and what is the make/model? Thanks for a response.

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

The owner of the 020 is LaFarge Cement. I think the unit is an SW1200.

cnw8835
Grain Train Fetish LOLZ

Unread post by cnw8835 »

I see that they have been shuffling loco around again and that the 1195 is outside now. Nice pics BTW.
Any ideas on the reporting marks of the 020?

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

whats up with 646?? Seems like they dont move her a lot. and can some also explan to me what crazy person would leave a prime mover out in this weather? are they trying to break it? (seen next to 3515 in picture)

LSRC
Flat River Rat

Unread post by LSRC »

Thanks for the comments. I'll have to look through my "mini-archive" to find the reporting marks.

As for the prime mover, I think it was from the 976, which was scrapped a few years ago. It has certainly been there for a while.

The Lake State uses the 646 to shuffle cars, but currently it is awaiting minor repairs before being sold to a railroad in Colorado.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

What road? Man, its sad to see 646 go. But, they could put that prime away in this weather....

LSRC
Flat River Rat

Unread post by LSRC »

I am not sure about the railroad that the 646 is going to. I would like to know myself.

I looked it up, and I believe that Lafarge's reporting marks are LAFX. I should double check that though.

BTW this is topic number 1111

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Ok, Thanks LSRC...