Anyone know what's in this tank car?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
J T
Hates Supper

Anyone know what's in this tank car?

Unread post by J T »

Got this series of pics yesterday down near Milan and Britton.

They dropped this tank car off in Britton near the grain elevator. I couldn't tell what was in it, as I wasn't able to get close enough to see any of the writing, but you CAN make out "PLMX" on the side.

A big thanks for anyone who can answer this.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

PLMX is a leasing comapny. Need the placard number off the car to identify the contents.

Stitch
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Stitch »

Elf Blood.
Last edited by Stitch on Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Railpictures.net contributions -
Railroad Picture Archives.net - http://crow_t_robot.rrpicturearchives.net/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Spawn674 - I need a better video camera

J T
Hates Supper

Re: And If Its Dangerous?

Unread post by J T »

Doktor No wrote:Why would you need to know?
General curiosity. I like to be descriptive with my pictures. :)

Mike H
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Mike H »

Sounds like something a terrorist would want to know......We better watch JT a little closer!!!

Just kidding JT!! I couldn't resist the opportunity.
Mike H

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Hey now!! :x :lol:

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Looks odd for just one tank especially at a grain elevator...... maybe fertilizer? Or are those still run in "Beer Can" Tankers?

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Tanker Car + Elevator = Liquid Fertilizer most of the time. Another possiblility is fuel oil because there's still a few elevators in MI that get it in by rail. If it's something else I'm abut to learn something new.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Thats what I thought......

TrainWatcher
The Beast

*Confused*

All he asked was what the car was for.... if a terrorist wanted to hit a railcar all he'd have to do is go to any railyard.... they aren't hard to find...... :roll:

Hogger1225
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Hogger1225 »

Ah, here we go again. The blissful ignorance of the uninformed, (i.e. nosey railfans)
I used to get paid for doing what all of you like to watch!

lemscate
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lemscate »

Somehow I think that anyone who really wants to blow up trains of chemicals, and has the resources to get bombs and fake IDs, doesn't need the help of a railfan website to figure out where trains that carry said chemicals are, especially since said chemicals are stenciled on the side of cars in said trains.

I also highly doubt certain terrorists used airplane-fan sites to figure out what planes flew close to certain buildings.

If you believe that, then I've got pictures of a bridge I'd like to sell to you (which you could use to figure out how to blow it up with your cellphones).

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Not everything placarded is a "nasty". Check out 1002 in the "book". Some of it's placarded so the 1st responders know how to deal with 20,000 gallons of product running across the ground. I do agree that some products do not need to be publicized.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Whoa, this thread has taken an odd turn.

I was simply curious so I could put an explanation to my picture when I submit it to railpics. Something simple like, "NS blah blah blah delivers blah blah blah to blah blah blah on a warm spring afternoon blah blah blah."

Sorry if my original question has stirred the wrong pot here. Doktor No, I respect your opinion and will discontinue my curiosity of what's in the tank.
Hogger1225 wrote:Ah, here we go again. The blissful ignorance of the uninformed, (i.e. nosey railfans)
Was this directed at me? And if so, why?

J T
Hates Supper

Re: Thank You JT

Unread post by J T »

Doktor No wrote:thats why I make a point to remove "Railfans" from the property when they trespass. I don't know who they are and what their intentions are. I usually stop them and ask why they are on the property and instruct them to leave.
Lately there have been some rather brazen acts at Wyoming by RAILFANS who think they can wander around the yard in their vehicles and walk around the place. Who knows who they are for sure? They have cameras in hand...seem to be regular folks but again who knows?
I've seen some of them lately wandering around the yard, crossing the tracks, etc. That DOES take some guts. I was sitting in back of the Mobil station the other day and saw some people wandering around just on the other side of the tracks and then going into the woods. A day or two later, while parked at Judd, I see two guys and a girl cross the tracks down near Plaster Creek and walk in the direction of the engine house. A little bit later, one of them comes walking back. They didn't go TO the engine house, so I know they probably weren't employees. It's just odd that people casually stroll across the tracks in the yard like the own the place.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

*Looks at Pics* I do not see any placard.... Maybe its just my eyes.... :lol:

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Placard holder is on the right side / far end. It looks like it might be blank. It also looks like there might be some fresh paimnting / stenciling above that which might be the contents.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Ahh, now I see it....