Watco offer to NS

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
signmasters
Railroadfan...fan

Watco offer to NS

Unread post by signmasters »

Watco meet with NS union leaders last night with this offer.
Anyone from NS that stay with Michigan Central will be paid-ed as followed:
Signal Maintainer 21.00/hr
Engineer 20.50/hr
Conductor 19.50/hr
Tower Operator 18.00/hr
Machinist 18.00/hr
Electrician 20.00/hr
Section Foreman 19.50/hr
Machine Operator 16.50/hr
Track Laborer 15.00/hr
Welder 19.00/hr
Welder Helper 15.00/hr
Carmen Foreman 17.00/hr
Carmen 15.50/hr
Recruitment Bonus: each current NS employee who joins the Michigan Central Railway on the first day of operation and remains in its employment for one year will be given $5,000 bonus.
Current NS employees who join the Michigan Central Railway for the first day of operation will keep their NS Seniority Date for purposes of job bidding, vacation bidding and vacation accrual.
Employees hired on after the effective date of this Agreement shall be paid in accordance with the following schedule of wages and benefits;

Start 75% of regular applicable wage.
After 3 months Health insurance coverage.
Upon full qualification 100% of regular applicable wage.

Watco will be taking applications in Kalamazoo new employees will go to Pittsburg, KS for training.

Watco will be using all there own equipment even on the 66 miles of Amtrak line from Kalamazoo to the state line.
A great photographer can make a great photo out of any kind of light from any angle at any time, life is not a studio! There is no such thing as bad light.

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

what types of engines does Watco have?

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

signmasters
Railroadfan...fan

A great photographer can make a great photo out of any kind of light from any angle at any time, life is not a studio! There is no such thing as bad light.

skrail
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by skrail »

HMM...my thoughts exactly...how did signmaster get this info? as an employee, id have liked to see it before the net.
me personally, im headed to helklkart...10 yrs, 3 weeks vac. and personal days..not worth losing.

no talk of flowback? after you work for them, train them, then get booted? i figure.. they ve used every trick to lose money...we employees can see ways to save customers....and move freight...
if ya suggest it...they do opposite..
i think its a scam to lose the RR to RATCO..then retake it later??

i can hardly wait, mich gov pays to fix tracks...then, i pay loans, as taxes!! wow.. i get to pay, to fix the racks, in my town.. that i cannot even run...wooo hoo..

scoot..not cynical...just depressed...lets hope STB says no...
Scott-NS Imagineer

signmasters
Railroadfan...fan

skrail wrote:HMM...my thoughts exactly...how did signmaster get this info? as an employee, id have liked to see it before the net.
me personally, im headed to helklkart...10 yrs, 3 weeks vac. and personal days..not worth losing.

no talk of flowback? after you work for them, train them, then get booted? i figure.. they ve used every trick to lose money...we employees can see ways to save customers....and move freight...
if ya suggest it...they do opposite..
i think its a scam to lose the RR to RATCO..then retake it later??

i can hardly wait, mich gov pays to fix tracks...then, i pay loans, as taxes!! wow.. i get to pay, to fix the racks, in my town.. that i cannot even run...wooo hoo..

scoot..not cynical...just depressed...lets hope STB says no...
You should have got all this info at the meeting with Ratco and NS union Monday night. I 100% agree with what you are saying. What I posted was posted on the other board on the short line a few mins. before I posted it so it was already out there and I don't like to double post. I know a few other NS crew who are going to Elkhart and also agree with you. I hope if you go to Elkhart we will see you, we rail fan over there a lot, as you can tell by checking my photos (signmasters24). March 8th is the take over date. PS: don't put your money on STB to stop this Ratco and NS have lots to spend to make it happen and money talks. You have a right to be depressed and We hope in the end it all works out for you and all the NS employees.

hobojim
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Submitted For Your Perusal....

Unread post by hobojim »

Doktor No wrote:Fascinating little point here folks...if you hire out with MC on the day of formation and stay one year you'll get a $5,ooo.oo dollar bonus. If you hire out after day one you start at 75% of the rates shown above. Seeing the attrition rate on other websites among WATCO employees I will assume this....when you get close to your one year date it would behoove them to FIRE YOU. Save 5K right off the bat and get another hireling at 75%. TA DAAA!
Cynical person that I am...I leave you to ponder.
Doc in Rockford
Cynical?? I think not. That is just the way big business operates.

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Submitted For Your Perusal....

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

hobojim wrote: Cynical?? I think not. That is just the way big business operates.
Cynical mean that distrustful of human nature: doubting or contemptuous of human nature or of the motives, goodness, or sincerity of others...

Image Watco is a RAT~COWARD!
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

EMDACESteve
BANHAMMERED

Try this Watco nickname.

Unread post by EMDACESteve »

WATCO
Worthless, Antiunion, Totally, Corrupt, Organization