GLC/TSBY questions

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

GLC/TSBY questions

Unread post by KVERBERK »

Does any one know when another locomotive will be painted GLC colors? I haven't seen the high nose units lately, and thought mabey they were down for major overhaul and possibly paint.

Also i have an Ann Arobor video showing crews "exchanging" trains in Clare. Does this still happen? from some of the posts I've read it seems the crew might just go out and back with out meeting a northbound. thanks Kyle[/img]
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I've been wondering the same thing. The TSBY 2648 (the high hood in TSBY colors) has something major wrong with it and will probably never run again. Don't know about the all black 2681, if anything they should paint that.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

The likelyhood of the GP35's being repainted before they are to be retired is probally unlikely. The GLC is most likely still in the market to obtain more locomotives, either through leasing or purchasing.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Also i have an Ann Arobor video showing crews "exchanging" trains in Clare. Does this still happen? from some of the posts I've read it seems the crew might just go out and back with out meeting a northbound. thanks Kyle
Yes, they still will meet in Clare sometimes. However, the meet can take place anywhere between Ashley and Lake George but Clare is probably the most frequent exchange location.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

At the current moment 2648 is down with a bad main crank bearing. Probability of it running again is slim. Don't know what is wrong with the 2681.

Painting for GLC, same with the ol' TSB, is done in house and when funding is available.
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Unread post by TrainNut85 »

They usually meet in Clare once in a blue moon. The Cadillac crew usually drops off a string of cars, usually 2-bays and 3-bay hoppers, during the daytime and the Owosso crew comes and get them at nite, while they drop off cars themselves, consisting of coal cars, centerbeam flats loaded with telephone poles and 2-bay hoppers.

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

thanks

Unread post by KVERBERK »

Thanks for all the great info. I really enjoy seeing solid TSBY consists but it would be cool to start seeing some more GLC paint too! thanks again.

Kyle
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan