CN to consolidate Wisconsin, Michigan dispatching operations

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
cnw8835
Grain Train Fetish LOLZ

CN to consolidate Wisconsin, Michigan dispatching operations

Unread post by cnw8835 »

Excerpt from Trains Newswire. Go to their website to see the rest.

HOMEWOOD, Ill. - Canadian National will consolidate dispatching for its operations in the Midwestern United States in 2008. Trains News Wire learned today that the former Wisconsin Central dispatching center in Stevens Point, Wis., and the dispatching center for the former Grand Trunk Western in Troy, Mich., will close with their dispatching functions consolidated at the former Illinois Central facility at Woodcrest Yard in Homewood, Ill. The consolidations will begin around Jan. 1 and will take place gradually as individual dispatching desks are transferred to Homewood. CN expects the consolidation to be complete by April 2008.

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

I'm really shocked it took this long for CN to do this.

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

trainjunkie47 wrote:I'm really shocked it took this long for CN to do this.
Auctually, I just found out that this IS NOT the first time they tried to do this...
From a chat with Matt Marderosian (BNSF 1088), I learned that they tried this in 2000, back when they first acquired the IC. Fortunately it fell through at the last minute. Matt says this time probably won't be any different. I REALLY hope he's right.

jukeman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jukeman »

Mike Burgett and his boss are probably up to their necks in this move and I can guarantee you, IT WILL happen. The software and hardware are in place all it takes is for the personnel to set down in front of the tubes.

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

jukeman wrote:Mike Burgett and his boss are probably up to their necks in this move and I can guarantee you, IT WILL happen. The software and hardware are in place all it takes is for the personnel to set down in front of the tubes.
As I've said numerous times before, I'll believe it when I see it.

Hogger1225
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Hogger1225 »

In the course of my run I have to talk with TD-3 to get across the diamonds at Cedar. I spoke with one of the dispatchers last night on the phone and asked him about it and he seemed very "skepitcal" about the move at best. Something to do with the "cost" and not necessarily equipment cost. Sounded more like a "people" (union?) issue.
I used to get paid for doing what all of you like to watch!

jukeman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jukeman »

Change is ok Greg, Get used to it.

cnw8835
Grain Train Fetish LOLZ

Unread post by cnw8835 »

Well guess what...

No plans to move Troy dispatching offices, CN says

HOMEWOOD, Ill. - Last week Trains News Wire reported that CN was planning to close its Troy, Mich., dispatching office and move the dispatchers there to its Homewood Administration Building (which is not part of CN's Woodcrest Shop complex, as News Wire reported). However, according to Jim Kvedaras, Senior Manager U.S. Public and Government Affairs for CN, no decision has been made on locating or relocating of the Troy operations. The company will be relocating its Stevens Point dispatching functions to the Homewood Administration Building. CN will start relocating the Stevens Point dispatchers sometime in early 2008 and expects to have the move completed in the second quarter of 2008.

jukeman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jukeman »

And that was copied from what source?