sat 1225 excursion

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
astrovanman1989
Railroadfan...fan

sat 1225 excursion

Unread post by astrovanman1989 »

i was in car 5 with no a/c witch beeped me off. alot of people getting pulled over by state troopers. a lsrc rock train went throughabout 630 in pinconing. 3500 was switching farther up north. 1280 and 2052 were used for the side trip
Last edited by astrovanman1989 on Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J T
Hates Supper

Re: sat 1225 excursion

Unread post by J T »

astrovanman1989 wrote:i was in car 5 with no a/c witch beeped me off alot of people getting pulled over by state troopers plus a lsrc rock train went throughabout 630 3500 was switching farther up north 1280 and 2052 were used for the side trip
Huh?

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

He seems to be mad at the witch who beeped him off. Or was it because people getting pulled over? No, wait...what about the a/c? Did the LSRC rock train get pulled over too? Whose phone number is 630 3500? Who tripped over 1280 and 2052??? Up north? Oh...

SDavey
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by SDavey »

I was shooting the breeze with one of the troppers from the Bay City Post last night while waiting for the 1225 to arrive back into town. He said he was assigned to follow the train up to Grayling and back to make sure that those shooting video and pictures behaved themselves. There was also a tropper on board last nights train so he could have be radioing to the his partners to stop vehicles.

SDavey
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by SDavey »

i was in car 5 with no a/c witch beeped me off alot of people getting pulled over by state troopers plus a lsrc rock train went throughabout 630 3500 was switching farther up north 1280 and 2052 were used for the side trip
Allow me to translate for you JT. He said he was in the 5th car, which did not have air condtiioning which made for a lot of unhappy folks on board. A lot of people were also being pulled over by the State Troopers who were assigned to follow the train.

A LSRC rock train went through about 6:30 with the 3500 switching, along with the 1280 and 2052 being used on the side trip out of Grayling. Hope that helps.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

SDavey wrote:A lot of people were also being pulled over by the State Troopers who were assigned to follow the train.
Ok, who was being pulled over...the general public or railfans chasing the train? If people were being pulled over, how were the troopers able to keep up with the train? Just curious.

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

There seemed to be almost as many state police cars as there were people following the train.

M-76, west of Standish was a traffic jam.
Norm

SDavey
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by SDavey »

JT,

I spoke to the trooper last night who followed the train up to Grayling and back. He said he wrote 2 tickets for running the crossings in the Standish area, along with the a few warnings between the 2-3 troopers. They were doing that along with making sure those following the train were driving along okay and keeping traffic moving.

hobojim
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hobojim »

I talked to troopers on previous trips and their presense is to make sure the drivers don't get reckless. He said a lot of people got warned not to shoot video while driving, yes , that is people who are driving and looking thru a viewfinder shooting video. They could write a lot more tickets than they do but their presense isn't to spoil the day but is more aimed and making sure everyone has a safe and happy time.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

hobojim wrote:I talked to troopers on previous trips and their presense is to make sure the drivers don't get reckless. He said a lot of people got warned not to shoot video while driving, yes , that is people who are driving and looking thru a viewfinder shooting video. They could write a lot more tickets than they do but their presense isn't to spoil the day but is more aimed and making sure everyone has a safe and happy time.
Anyone who holds a camera up and records while a cop is within view deserves a ticket! :lol:

astrovanman1989
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by astrovanman1989 »

im sorry what made me mad was there was no a/c working in the coatch that i was riding in