CSX rerouts through Toledo

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

CSX rerouts through Toledo

Unread post by Scooterb »

From Train Orders.

The Garrett Sub is basically closed down West of Garrett due to storm damage. Q-169 and Q-119 used the Northeast transfer at Fostoria. Also two trains bound for Garrett are tied down at Perry on the Toledo sub.

Are they going to run on the NS Chi Line?

rwas
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rwas »

Scott,
If they ran the Chicago line on NS where would they exit back to CSX on both ends? If you get any info on this I am high tailing it to Wauseon.
Ron in Morenci

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Q16918 - WALBRIDGE TOWER OH CTT 67 10-19-2007 04:50
Q11918 - WALBRIDGE TOWER OH CTT 67 10-19-2007 06:17

dunno where they are going next.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

they coul get back on CSX track at Willow creek, take the Porter sub south and then back onto the B&O, but hopefully there will go through Lansing and GR.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

was a report of an O72 eastbound at Wauseon this afternoon wonder if it could have been Q110 ? also seems like everything is getting opened up again and trains should start running if they havent already

Jeff L
(00:00:00) Jeff L: #1

Unread post by Jeff L »

No Scooterb. It was no Q110, nor CSX. Train 072 is an NS special as needed gov't train. I know what kind of train it is. You sure don't want to be caught taking a picture of it with the police around. Last week I saw an NS 058 in Bryan and the law was there before it passed. Five teens were standing at the Walnut St. x-ing with a camera and they needed to leave. When told about the 058 coming through, I was asked to join on the rollby. I accepted without hesitation. What a thanks for your assistance I got after 058 passed.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Good God Jeff get over it. There is no law about photographing military movements. What is the big secret? Nothing you cant see on TV or anywhere else. Here I help the "terror guys".

Was it this?

Or mabey this?

Got this movement twice.

Or mabey this?

I know I got more on slide film, if you like I can scan it and post it also.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

esprrfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by esprrfan »

O70,072 & 076 all ran today on the NS to Cleveland

070 CSX's 5496, 5368
072 CSX's 5234, 5380
076 CSX's 669, 9015

GTWTD3
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWTD3 »

special train movements, or detours, are in the lower digit numbers. An 050 doesn't mean the train is a military movement, nor does it mean it's a detour. Could be anything.

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Unread post by TrainNut85 »

Hey SD70accsx700, be careful about taking pics of military trains. I hear they have cameras in the caboose on the one pic. Better hope the FBI doesn't show up at your door. I had heard a story about a railfan that did that, the FBI showed up at his door and confiscated his camera.

Jeff L
(00:00:00) Jeff L: #1

Unread post by Jeff L »

sd70accsxt700, pics#2 & 3 is just like NS 058. Pic#1 big saltshaker lid. Your CSX may think taking pics of military trains is okay. They are not like NS or BNSF who are strict. BNSF prohibits taking pics of military trains & equipment. I have a copy of their picture taking rules and that is the first rule. Oh, were there any law officers or vehicles around when you took those pics?

TrainNut85, I'm proud of you.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

There were 15 or 20 of us taking pictures of that train that day, as it was railroadfan weekend that weekend, yes a high railer preceeded that train by several minutes. The day before a NS police officer was in town all day waiting for it as it was supposed to move that day, we all had some friendly chatter with him. We all pretty much agreed to hold off posting pictures of it for several weeks to a month after, but it is all over You Tube, RPnet, RRpic archives.
I hear they have cameras in the caboose on the one pic.
they also had military with guns.

amtrakjackson
Deactivated

Unread post by amtrakjackson »

I saw the CSXT Q169-18 at CP487-IN on the NS Chicago Line Friday afternoon. Knew something strange was up when when we came up on their rear end at Burns Harbor and saw all the Pacer Stacktrain and China Shipping containers on chassis (and then the power). So when they said they were recrewed and ready to head west, I was like, ahhh, I see...

So yeah, it musta gone down to CP286 and headed west from there all the way to CP497 and back on home turf, for roughly 211 miles worth of the Chicago Line.

cnw8835
Grain Train Fetish LOLZ

Unread post by cnw8835 »

Jeff L wrote: Your CSX may think taking pics of military trains is okay. They are not like NS or BNSF who are strict. BNSF prohibits taking pics of military trains & equipment. I have a copy of their picture taking rules and that is the first rule. Oh, were there any law officers or vehicles around when you took those pics?
I took pictures of a military train on NS in Fort Wayne last year with NS cops standing right next to me, including the district chief of police. They couldn't have cared any less about me taking pictures.

Tlout
WZZM's "train expert"

Unread post by Tlout »

I've been over this with a couple attornies I know - if you are in a public area, you can snap away with delight - it's known as being in "public domain". There has been no declaration of martial law, so if any railroad police officer approaches you, be polite, remind them that they do not have juristiction in a public area, and if they would do something such as threaten to take your camera or ask you to delete pictures, refuse and immediately call the local law enforcement agency. But above all don't loose your cool.

If there is something they do not want the public to see, they should cover it up with a tarp...

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Big head up reroute.

Heads up GR K8012, with CEFX 129 & CSXT 52?? comming your way today. I am on it on duity at 9:45 out of Walbridge, change crews in Plymouth. Florida to Chicago Phosphate.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Yes they have showed up, at my door, and when I told them I worked for the railroad, they just laughed and said, I dont even know why Im here.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Train has been cancled. Third shifts idea of keeping the train moving, dident fit well with firsts shifts idea of it not moving. Waiting for a rested GR crew.

csxt4617
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csxt4617 »

That K802 reroute was a nice looking train. Lots of Chessie and Family Lines covered hoppers :)