LSRC/SBS Drops Another

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

LSRC/SBS Drops Another

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Derailed 8 cars on Washington/M-13 this morning around midnight. Looks like Hulchers was on scene already.
Officials expect Washington/M-13 to be closed for up to 3 days to make repairs to the tracks.
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

Paul W
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Paul W »

Hi DR, I had just gotten out of work and my wife called to inform me of the latest derailment. I got to the scene just as Hulcher was re railing the last car(unless there were more back by the depot) I shot a video of the re railing and will post on you tube. To view go to you tube and search vettestyle that should bring it up. I didn't get the unit #'s but they had two BNSF units plus one of the grey gp40's.

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

when i was up in saginaw Sudnay there were a few Loaded coal hoppers on the ground on the westside of the yard i couldnt tell how many but looked like 4 or 5

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Two coal derailments in less than a week. It could be a long year for LSRC/SBS.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Here's a link straight to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_a6cSnDJcw
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

LSRC's record is bad enough I wonder why the Class I's allow them to use their power.
Norm

Justin
Train Videoholic

Unread post by Justin »

Saw that on the news as well, strange because I was out last night for a walk with my woman and we heard something moving on the east side of Bay City. From what I could tell it was coming into Bay City and that was around 12:20 or so. Was this the train bringing the remainder of cars to consumers or a different train? I wonder how mad consumers is and if they are going to start asking for HESR to deliver their coal?
My train pictures can now be found at:
http://trainman86.rrpicturearchives.net

And my train videos at:
http://www.youtube.com/trainman1986

My website, dedicated to my layout, "The Fast Lane" (still under construction)
www.trainman86.webs.com

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

About 3/4th of the train is up in Essexville along Woodside Avenue with the crossings cut. Power there is the same that was on N956, along with LSRC 5921 and 1179. Must have been the rear portion of the train that derailed with the power and most of the train in the clear so they brought it up to Essexville.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I'm looking at GTW6401's Avatar thinking "the Good Track Road" does not apply to LSRC/SBS :P
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Paul W
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Paul W »

Hi Justin, The power was still on the head end with 15 or so cars connected to it. It had two BNSF'S and one CSX unit on at 07:30 this morning. The units were idling just south of 6th street. I orginally posted that the third unit was a sbs gp40 but in the morning light I didn't get a good look. As it got lighter I noticed it then. They were too far back to get any #'s but the lead unit was a cream and green bnsf followed by a orange bnsf then YN2 CSX possible gp40 or 38 it was too far back for me to identify. Thanks Zack for linking the video someday I'll figure out how to do that.

Justin
Train Videoholic

Unread post by Justin »

Thanks Zack for linking the video someday I'll figure out how to do that.
Hey Paul it is actually pretty easy. When you go to post there will be URL tags that look like this:

Open up the video you want to post and select the URL, highlight it then copy and paste it between the URL tags. Hope this helps?

Staying on topic that must have been the train I heard last night. Kind of figured it was a coal train. When I first heard it I thought it was HESR.
My train pictures can now be found at:
http://trainman86.rrpicturearchives.net

And my train videos at:
http://www.youtube.com/trainman1986

My website, dedicated to my layout, "The Fast Lane" (still under construction)
www.trainman86.webs.com

Bluewaterfan
Pullman Fan

Unread post by Bluewaterfan »

Train jumps tracks
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
COREY MITCHELL
THE SAGINAW NEWS
An early morning train derailment will give motorists driving through Saginaw's Northeast Side an unexpected tour of one of the city's ''unfortunate'' neighborhoods.

Several cars derailed about 1 a.m. today at the crossing of North Washington/M-13 and Potter in Saginaw, forcing drivers to take alternate routes. The cars were part of a train carrying coal to a Consumers Energy plant in Bay County.

Officials are unsure how long the stretch of road will remain closed.

Saginaw Bay Southern Railway Co. President and Chief Executive James George described the neighborhood as ''unfortunate.'' His company relocated its headquarters to the area about 18 months ago.

''It's terrible,'' said George, a Chesaning resident who drives on M-13 to work. ''It's deplorable that a city can get run down that way.''

The state Department of Transportation owns the highway but contracts with Saginaw for repairs. The Saginaw News could not reach John Premo, the city's assistant superintendent of right of way, for comment this morning.

Repairing the tracks will force motorists to find alternate routes. A posted detour takes drivers through some of the city's most blighted residential and industrial blocks.

Northbound motorists travel down Potter past its fire-ravaged train station. Those driving southbound get an eyeful of the eyesores that have city and state officials marshaling hundreds of thousands of dollars in demolition funds.

The Saginaw News could not reach City Manager Darnell Earley for comment this morning.

Crews hoped to have the rail repaired this morning to allow prevent freight delays, George said. He did not know this morning when Washington would reopen to motorists.

''I hope soon,'' he said. ''I use the highway just as much as anybody.'' v
Last edited by Bluewaterfan on Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One can make a mistake and own up to it, but still feel guilty.
~~anonymous

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

And where do you get that from?
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

jukeman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jukeman »

''It's deplorable that a city can get run down that way.''

And the city should reply ''It's deplorable that a railroad can get run down that way.''

Bluewaterfan
Pullman Fan

Unread post by Bluewaterfan »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:And where do you get that from?
Saginaw news website

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginawnews/i ... xml&coll=9
One can make a mistake and own up to it, but still feel guilty.
~~anonymous

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

I wonder if Hulcher is going to open an office there in Saginaw..maybe in the old depot..seems that have been in Saginaw enough lately.
Dave C

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

And where do you get that from?
I was refering to the comment you made that is now gone, about how you thought George was blaming the city for the derailment.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!