Would You Rather?

For the group who LOVE to make threads never end, this forum is for you. Contained inside are the longest threads known to man, and responsible for half of AARR's posts. :)
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Would You Rather?

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:Would you rather watch golf or a fishing show?
I'll take a fishing show by a narrow margin. I don't mind watching either but I'm not much of a TV watcher. Hopefully when I retire I can catch up on all the shows I hear about but don't have time to watch.

Would you rather be a dessert baker or chef?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Chef

Would you rather find out that Bigfoot is real or the Loch Ness Monster is real?

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

Michael wrote:

Would you rather find out that Bigfoot is real or the Loch Ness Monster is real?
The Loch Ness Monster. I never enjoy the beautiful waters of Loch Ness but I often tromp around known Bigfoot habitat. Less chance of a bad encounter with the cryptozoological species that way ya know.

Would you rather Fly to Miami or take Amtrak ?
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Jetlink Driver wrote:Would you rather Fly to Miami or take Amtrak ?
Fly, 2 hours vs 24-36 hours, easy decision for me.

Would you rather star in a comedy movie or karate action movie, and why?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Karate. So I could be the Karate Kid

Would you rather live on Lake Michigan with lots of neighbors or a quiet place in the woods on a tiny inland lake?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:Would you rather live on Lake Michigan with lots of neighbors or a quiet place in the woods on a tiny inland lake?
A quiet place in the woods on a inland lake. I love animals and hate people :lol:

Would you rather be on Obamacare or have no insurance :lol:

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

No insurance. The reality is no one is ever denied care in a hospital in this country even if you have no money or no insurance.

Would you rather go hang gliding once or sky diving 10 times?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:Would you rather go hang gliding once or sky diving 10 times?
I'll go hand gliding one time. It looks like fun!

Would you rather be burned alive or skinned alive?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Burned.

Would you rather work on high power transmission lines from a helicopter or be a windows washer for a skyscraper?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:Would you rather work on high power transmission lines from a helicopter or be a windows washer for a skyscraper?
You found one of my weaknesses. Either one of these I am doomed. but I'll take window washer on skyscraper cause I'm more familiar with it.

Would you rather lie on the tracks while a train passes over you or on a path while a tank passes over. In both cases there is barely enough room for you to not get hit if you lie perfectly still and the train/tank does not go off course.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

I'll take the train. Seems just a little safer.

Would you rather live in the coldest part of Canada for the rest of your life or the hottest part of Mexico for the rest of your life?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:Would you rather live in the coldest part of Canada for the rest of your life or the hottest part of Mexico for the rest of your life?
I'll take Mexico
This is the hottest part of Mexico, right? :lol: When my waitress comes by I'll order an ice water :lol:

Would you rather live on a remote deserted island or in a remote part of the rain forest?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Sounds like a plan!

Rain forest. Just because there would be more room and resources

Would you rather see a full solar eclipse or a full lunar eclipse?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:Would you rather see a full solar eclipse or a full lunar eclipse?
I love Mrs AARR's full lunar eclipse :lol: Her solar eclipse is pretty good too 8)

Would you rather root for MSU or UofM?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Michael wrote:Would you rather see a full solar eclipse or a full lunar eclipse?
I love Mrs AARR's full lunar eclipse :lol: Her solar eclipse is pretty good too 8)

Would you rather root for MSU or UofM?

And there's a solar eclipse you can view with the "naked" eye :lol:

Neither. But if pressed I would say MSU just so they can beat those smug Wolverine's. :)

Would you rather work in the sewer system or do oil changes all day?

PlymouthStationGuy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PlymouthStationGuy »

Would you rather work in the sewer system or do oil changes all day
oil changes all day. At least the oil pit does not have rats alligators and other stuff crawling round down there
would you rather work at a airport just in the summer or a railroad yard just in the winter ( this is an easy one)
Plymouth Station Guy
Please do not poke at the ramp agent because he has the power to make your vacation
memorable or miserable. It all depends on what flight you bags go on.

Michigan Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michigan Railfan »

Definitely the airport. I'd just love to be around planes all day :D (and you didn't specify whether I'd be on the ramp or in the air-conditioned terminal, but I assume you mean ramp. Either way, it's the airport :lol: )

Would you rather live without television or without music for the rest of your life?
Jake
Railroading YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/trainster100
Aviation YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dtwdelta763

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Music. Zack's probably gonna give me a mini-ban, but I hate Rap, Hard Rock, and everything not from the 80s. sounds weird, but my favorite channel is XM 8, the 80s channel. You can blame the parents, but hey, it's good music. Not depressing like the vomit of today. This mini-rant was brought to you by: THE MQT3001! :twisted:

Would you rather kick railcars in a railyard, or switch a major automotive plant?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

MQT3001 wrote:Would you rather kick railcars in a railyard, or switch a major automotive plant?
Kick railcars in a rail yard. More variety and I like the exercise :)

Would you rather work for the railroad in the yard or be a raod crew?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Road crew I think.

Would you rather see the MAL restored in its entirety or the AARR restored completely (including the ferries) ? Both of them running at their peak traffic numbers.