Random Thoughts

For the group who LOVE to make threads never end, this forum is for you. Contained inside are the longest threads known to man, and responsible for half of AARR's posts. :)
GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Random Thoughts

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Why is it that certain members (and former members) on this site seem to have love-hate relationships with other members of this site? I can name certain members who 6 months or even 2 years ago had nothing but good things to say about certain other members who now have only bad things to say about each other, such as "Why is it some people run there mouth about stuff they know nothing about, then get called out about it and deny it..." Without using names, a very similar thing happened a year or so ago with other railfans in the bay city area. My only point in bringing this up is to say that we all have our disagreements with each other, but to see those disagreements aired out on this site is getting very, very tiring. You guys tend to be civil enough to each other at the meets (when we're all face-to-face) but the insults and name-calling when you have a monitor and keyboard to hide behind is getting old quicker than news of Michael Jackson's death.
~ Charles W.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Charles - it's because we're like family. And in every family there are love-hate relationships going on. Zack has shown good judgement when to step in and issue time outs. That's my random thought :D 8)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TSB
peon

Unread post by TSB »

Speaking of dying...

I scan the obits each day (checking on my friends) and I have noticed...

Every day, somehow, people die in alphabetical order.
5 years on college faculties
34 years working on railroads

RR is more fun

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

Charles W wrote:
redside20 wrote:why is it when someone dies and leaves a will or a trust to their wants and specifications, leaving tension, rivalry and animosity among relatives and siblings or towards the executor of the estate.
how many times did that person see it coming and leave their will/trust to their wants/specifications for that exact reason?

Hi Charles i can speak for making the generalization, because i've been there and am still having to endure it. My father passed three years ago but had a trust made up long before his passing, but made several provisions along the way and revisions as well with his CPA. I have five other siblings two of which along with myself were conceived from my dads second marriage, with the other three being from my fathers first marriage. And those of you who have been brought up in a dysfunctional family like i have can tell you that family life was anything but tranquil and civil. What it boils down too are rights and possessions, as money is the root of all evil. As far as the trust is concerned, it was what my father wanted..an irrevokable trust, because he knew his offspring were far too irresponsible, careless and lazy to be put in charge of possessions, money, land etc...Well my older brother wasn't happy about it and has been griping and moaning about ever since and is the only thing he ever wants to talk about with the rest of us siblings..i mean get over it. He says if he was in charge of the trust he'd make more money and life would be better for the rest of us. but it consumes his life and he grows more bitter day by day.
Last edited by redside20 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Exit stage left

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

So let's leave it alone, 'cause we can't see eye to eye.
There ain't no good guys, there ain't no bad guys.
There's only you and me and we just disagree.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

redside20

Don Simon wrote:Charles - it's because we're like family. And in every family there are love-hate relationships going on. Zack has shown good judgement when to step in and issue time outs. That's my random thought :D 8)
Don thats what happens when you have 800 personalities, its almost like a fraternity :lol: say along the lines of college. The strongest personality prevails and when you have 800 personalities, people want to be in charge. In here we have about 10 in here who have strong personalities, maybe more depends on who you ask. Pat C? JT? But Zack is the boss, and he handles himself very well.
Exit stage left

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Ditto for births and marriages. Strange... :? :|. I believe there must be a God for all these events to occur aphabetically and not just by random chance :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TSB
peon

Unread post by TSB »

Don Simon wrote: I believe there must be a God for all these events to occur aphabetically and not just by random chance :lol:
Don,

I thought God was more a random kind of guy. Satan seems the more orderly alphabetical
type. You know, goose-stepping order freak. That would put Satan in charge of the babies.
(And not just the ones listed as Father: anonymous.) But, if marrages are made in heaven
and are listed alph....... ah, never mind.

RR is more fun

redside20

Uhh...does anyone have the urge to break something 8)
Exit stage left

redside20

Boy this board sure has evolved since its inception, i can remember there was something for Bay City/Midland/Saginaw area and the other was for Western Michigan and there were only 40 members. Also there are some fellas who are no longer around and i'm sure you all know who they are.
Exit stage left

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I like turtles...snappers actually :)

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

IIRC, Patrick was a moderator at one time, of the Bay City/Saginaw/Midland area part. Seems like there used to be a whole bunch of people up that way, but as the membership expanded, there seem to be fewer and fewer active members up that way. Kind of sad in a way.

I miss some of the posts I used to see from up in the Tri-Cities. :(
~ Charles W.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

All the smart people move away from Bay City.

hobojim
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hobojim »

TSB wrote:Speaking of dying...

I scan the obits each day (checking on my friends) and I have noticed...

Now I feel so much better knowing I will be among the last to die :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Don Simon wrote:
Ditto for births and marriages. Strange... :? :|. I believe there must be a God for all these events to occur aphabetically and not just by random chance :lol:
In the southern states there is no order, Got no need for no alphabeticdal.
Mark it Zero.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Is anyone else starting to find Matt's choice of avatars slightly disturbing?
~ Charles W.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Is anyone else starting to find Matt's choice of avatars slightly disturbing?
I was going to post the same thing this morning. Matt, what's up dude? Your recent Avatar's do not reflect the Matt that I know and love.

TSB
peon

Unread post by TSB »

JUST AARON wrote:
In the southern states there is no order, Got no need for no alphabeticdal.

It was required when I received my masters degree from a southern university.
You probably equate that to a high school diploma from a superior northern state.

RR is more fun

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I had a dream last night that ADBF finally acquired CSX's West Detroit Branch and a bunch of us were railfanning its first day of operation. They had a SW cow/calf for power and called the line Adrian and Detroit. The consist was a tank car, 3 small covered hoppers, and a high top hopper.

SW
Rail Trail Explorer

Unread post by SW »

Don Simon wrote:They had a SW cow/calf for power
I am not a cow/calf!!!! :twisted:
Owosso Steve