INER day 4-26-2010

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
GP30M4216
Saver of all History

INER day 4-26-2010

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

This is over a month old now but I thought it was a good report with some excellent photos and videos.

Find it here: http://indianarailroads.org/board/index ... pic=4245.0

Last edited by GP30M4216 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: INER day 4-26-2010

Unread post by AARR »

Great report GP30m. I like how you pointed out where the cars were going.

IIRC there are three customers in Fremont that receive covered hoppers. Elevator, flour transload, and plastic plant.

IIRC there are two customers in Coldwater that receive tank cars. Fertilizer yard and rendering plant.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

O' Sage of the Siding, the Fremont elevator doesn't get any cars; usually if there are cars on the siding there, it's empties that were switched out from the two places that get cars to be picked up by a southbound going to Montpelier. Too bad the place that got steel coils closed, there used to be lots of cars going into there...

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Buster Manning wrote:O' Sage of the Siding, the Fremont elevator doesn't get any cars; usually if there are cars on the siding there, it's empties that were switched out from the two places that get cars to be picked up by a southbound going to Montpelier. Too bad the place that got steel coils closed, there used to be lots of cars going into there...
That's what I thought too. But someone posted they were loading grain at Fremont and when I asked them to confirm they said again, "yes".

I remember they used to unload the steel coils right from the mainline rather than tuck them in one of the local sidings :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...