Tip...don't sit in the car when its cold!

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
jcnightangel
Railroadfan...fan

Tip...don't sit in the car when its cold!

Unread post by jcnightangel »

Got at Durand at 7:30am and came up on a train. ALmost all Auto Racks. Going from Detroit to CHi track..love that curve. Of course you can't see the trains on that curve in your car on the other side of the depot. Then...thinking no way two in a row around it. WRONG. While in my car at 8:39am, another one came by. Two CN engines. some hopper cars and I think some wood bundles on that plus some Auto Racks. Then thinking there is no way...just none three could come though on that curve in a row every hour...WRONG! Well, sotra wrong. Two engines (Union Pacific) came though and went around the diamond. Was a bit odd. To switch track they went down like going to Detroit then came around the curve by the parking lot and they sat there. So I'm thinking okay a train on the line. I waited 15 min and nothing. SO like a good rail fan trip...I left to see the train as it past. It was CN but I didn't get a great look at them. The train had a lot of empty flat cars. At least 20 or 30 of them. I will look back at the Union Engines and get their numbers later and post them. Other than that there was cold...no one.. and snow. I was pretty 'banging my head' against the window by the end. I decided instead of going back and seeing more of trains though the depot window to wait until it warms up enough to stay outside more. LOL @ Myself!

Terra

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

It can be cold and lonely on a January weekday at the diamond in Durand. I'm sure you froze your behind off. :lol:

jcnightangel
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jcnightangel »

Well...not only do you freeze when alone more, I guess my fingers don't work as well either. Remember the engines I said I would post their numbers? I can't. I looked back at the footage and keeping with the whole event the footage isn't there. It seems I hit record when I thought I hit stop and hit stop when I thought I hit record. Lots of of the inside of the black cap. I'm starting to think I should have stayed home.

Terra