Durand Visit

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Justin
Train Videoholic

Durand Visit

Unread post by Justin »

Got to come home for the week from GR to BC and on the way we stopped in Durand to see if anything was going on. I had been to Durand before but could never figure out how to get to the depot. However today we were able to find the way over to the depot. And because it was during the day it was a lot easier. But we got there and nothing seemed to be coming so we decided to go into the musieum. I must say it was awEsome! That was my first time ever being in there so it was a good expirence. Was able to check out the old photos and all of the old tools of the railroad. I also got to watch a video on the depot and learned on how it played an important role in the growth of railroads in Michigan. The staff there was really friendly and I enjoyed everything. The only thing missing was the trains, we spent an hour and a half to two hours there and not on train went through. However visiting the depot was really fun and made up for the stop. I must say thanks to those how restored that depot, it is amazing! :D
My train pictures can now be found at:
http://trainman86.rrpicturearchives.net

And my train videos at:
http://www.youtube.com/trainman1986

My website, dedicated to my layout, "The Fast Lane" (still under construction)
www.trainman86.webs.com

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

The sure fire way I have found to have trains pass the station in Durand is to go up to Subway or McDonalds on the north end of town. :lol:

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

trainjunkie47 wrote:The sure fire way I have found to have trains pass the station in Durand is to go up to Subway or McDonalds on the north end of town. :lol:
That is SO true!! :lol: