Yooper trains October 2-3, 2011

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Mark W Andersen
Railroadfan...fan

Yooper trains October 2-3, 2011

Unread post by Mark W Andersen »

Here's a few shots from 10-2-11.
The first train is CN 2133 with the local freight train at Neguanee.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mackinacmark/6209930596/

The same train at ex C&NW Euclid Yd. in Ishpeming.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mackinacmark/6222166604/

Lake Michigamme is the setting for this photo.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mackinacmark/6209490871/

LS&I 7 Tilden at Palmer Line Jct on 10-2-11.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mackinacmark/6210061166/

CN 5627 at Eagle Mills Jct on 10-3-11.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mackinacmark/6212874545/

B-Town
Foamer Photographe​r?!?!?!!?

Re: Yooper trains October 2-3, 2011

Unread post by B-Town »

Great photos!

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Nice pictures, Mark. The one in Euclid Yard has the Micky D's golden arches well placed over the covered hopper :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

Hey mark do you ever make it out toward L'Anse at all? Been wondering how often the local comes out toward tech.
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

Hey mark do you ever make it out toward L'Anse at all? Been wondering how often the local comes out toward tech.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

tsinoms wrote:Hey mark do you ever make it out toward L'Anse at all? Been wondering how often the local comes out toward tech.
My guess is the local goes to L'Anse as often as the go west of Ispheming (2 or 3 times per week). I believe there is a large pulp log operation there as well as Celotex which gets perolite or something like that in covered hoppers. They probably do not go to Baraga as often, though, to service the pulp log operation there.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

AARR wrote:
tsinoms wrote:Hey mark do you ever make it out toward L'Anse at all? Been wondering how often the local comes out toward tech.
My guess is the local goes to L'Anse as often as the go west of Ispheming (2 or 3 times per week). I believe there is a large pulp log operation there as well as Celotex which gets perolite or something like that in covered hoppers. They probably do not go to Baraga as often, though, to service the pulp log operation there.
Yeah, I'm still surprised they take Dash 9's on those jobs.... That track just looks rough. Thanks don! Got any more insight on the businesses on the line? Wanna keep my eye out when I head home in a couple of weeks.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

tsinoms wrote:Yeah, I'm still surprised they take Dash 9's on those jobs.... That track just looks rough. Thanks don! Got any more insight on the businesses on the line? Wanna keep my eye out when I head home in a couple of weeks.
I agree with you, Trevor. CN runs those huge 6 axle beasts on some light track all over vtheir system (ex. the industrial track that runs north of Port Huron to several paper mills). CN gets some flour into Ispheming for a local bakery, and poweder and liquid explosrives to VreeRail at Winthrop Jct. They used to also get scrap metal from VreeRail but a rate hike by CN drove away that busiess. Other than that I think CN handles a lot of pulp logs. I think the new railroad that will handle some brass or nickle or something like that may use some CN track to reach Ispheming for interhcange whenever it opens.