Busy Day At Deshler, Galatea, and North Baltimore 12/27/11

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
DT&I
Commodore Perry

Busy Day At Deshler, Galatea, and North Baltimore 12/27/11

Unread post by DT&I »

Well as soon as I made it to Deshler I was greeted with trains:
CSX has a meet right infront of the park, it snowed west of us so all eastbound trains had snow on them.
Boy do i wish that was still in CR blue.
This is the only shot i got of this becuase it was raining, i didnt know at the time but lots of snow was on the way...
Still raining.
WHERES THE SNOW? :D I was soaked by then and freezing in the wind but CSX still had trains to run.
Once my mom got back with the car I wasted no time standing in the cold and ran to it :lol: but I didnt get to sit in there for long
Finally snow, but it was mixed with rain, still better than just rain.
Raining again
Im not sure why but for some reason I really wanted to stop in Hoytville.
And to my suprise BNSF just built a new yard in North Baltimore :lol: :lol:
Amazing angles at the Liberty Hi Rd. bridge for sure
HLCX SD40's ex-SP just north of the crossing at Galatea.
And back to North Baltimore to finish the day with more snow, we went to a Walleye game after to really top off a great day!
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

Ohiorailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Busy Day At Deshler, Galatea, and North Baltimore 12/27/

Unread post by Ohiorailfan »

The yard is CSX, BNSF has run through intermodals.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Ohiorailfan wrote:The yard is CSX, BNSF has run through intermodals.
That was a joke lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I said it becuase there was so much BNSF power in the yard.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

DT&I - I think you are a candidate for our Annual Polar Bear Meet. SD70 sets it up usually in February. It is always cold and snowy but fortunately the people at Durand Station have opened the building for us the last couple years :D 8)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

AARR wrote:DT&I - I think you are a candidate for our Annual Polar Bear Meet. SD70 sets it up usually in February. It is always cold and snowy but fortunately the people at Durand Station have opened the building for us the last couple years :D 8)
That sounds like a lot of fun, i hate standing in the cold but when the trains show up I'm rewarded :lol: And its something I love to do is railfan in winter. :D

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

DT&I wrote:
AARR wrote:DT&I - I think you are a candidate for our Annual Polar Bear Meet. SD70 sets it up usually in February. It is always cold and snowy but fortunately the people at Durand Station have opened the building for us the last couple years :D 8)
That sounds like a lot of fun, i hate standing in the cold but when the trains show up I'm rewarded :lol: And its something I love to do is railfan in winter. :D
Now. that may be another problem at Durand, trains seem to be hit and miss :( Best day I have had in last couple years was about 6 train in 6 hours. There are others who spend more time there than me and have a better handle on the busy hours.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Huelsy'sTrainBlog
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Huelsy'sTrainBlog »

DT&I wrote:
That was a joke lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I said it becuase there was so much BNSF power in the yard.
If I go west next summer maybe I will find a BNSF yard with all CSX power!

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Huelsy'sTrainBlog wrote:
DT&I wrote:
That was a joke lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I said it becuase there was so much BNSF power in the yard.
If I go west next summer maybe I will find a BNSF yard with all CSX power!
haaha :lol: Q171/172 always have BNSF power which gets cut off at North Baltimore, they then drive them to the west end for westbounds, as i watched the two units from the piture above come back to the west side, they didnt get close enough for a good shot though.