Lima Leipsic Deshler and Hamilton this weekend

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Lima Leipsic Deshler and Hamilton this weekend

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

Friday morning I made my usuall rounds through Lima in the morning.

Friday afternoon we took our 3 year old nephew railfanning. He loves watching youtube videos as well as the real thing and of course Thomas and Chuggington. Our first catch was minutes after picking him up, we caught 2 RJ Corman locos (1731/1806) running light in St Marys. Just watched them, no film or video. I know they picked some gons from Omnisource and had 3 boxcars to run to Lima but guess nothing to bring back. We didn't film any on the way north through Lima because he needed a nap but was ready by the time we got to Leipsic. Busy there, we followed a CSX manifest into town but stayed for the waitng NS train. The Leipsic local was on the west side of town with a GP59 Operation Lifesaver on point. The times they run this vary so much I never know when to expect it. I have see it waiting to leave New Haven at 6:20 am 3 times this month as well as seeing it arrive in closer to 5 pm and in the mid morning.

In Deshler we made it there in time to catch a grain train turn off the Garrett onto the Toledo.

Saturday we went to Cincinnati on a date day to the Krohn Conservatory and drove by the railyard. NS has a nice display caboose blocked by some not so nice wires. I decided to just catch some action in Hamilton on the way home. First off we caught this Cargill grain train.

Didn't have to wait long to catch this manifest coming through.

My wife took this picture but doesn't like it.
CSX in Hamilton Ohio by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr
This light engine move was waiting to head east down the same track.

Then quickly came a NS intermodal and then a CSX manifest. This had a RJ Corman boxcar which I've only seen in video and pictures before.

I am hoping to go back to Hamilton this week so any info on what I may see between 9:30 am and 2 pm would be helpfull. Especially interested in locals or yard jobs working...

Today in Lima we finally got a pic of the PREX 1601 that is waiting to go to Defiance.
PREX 1601 and NS 3321 in Lima Ohio by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr

Huelsy'sTrainBlog
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Lima Leipsic Deshler and Hamilton this weekend

Unread post by Huelsy'sTrainBlog »

Excellent! Did you stop at Glendale? That is a nice place to watch northbound traffic from Cindy for the Toledo Sub and New Castle District. Plus it nice to walk around downtown and look at the places.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Lima Leipsic Deshler and Hamilton this weekend

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

Huelsy'sTrainBlog wrote:Excellent! Did you stop at Glendale? That is a nice place to watch northbound traffic from Cindy for the Toledo Sub and New Castle District. Plus it nice to walk around downtown and look at the places.
No we didn't but will stop there next time we go to Cincinnati...