Trains from that state down south

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Trains from that state down south

Unread post by Ypsi »

Was visiting in Ohio this afternoon and of course could not resist some railfanning on the Water Level Route. Got to the tracks, there was another fan there watching as well. We saw 5 trains in an hour including BNSF, UP, and of course NS. There was also a great mix up of power for us today too, SD9043MAC, SD70M, Catfish Dash 9s, SD40Es, and more. Pretty good hour overall.

First up was a power move

next was 2 dash 9s working hard on this west bounder

A Solo BNSF unit lead this empty autorack train east

Second to last was a train with lots of power, A UP SD70M leads a beefy consist including a UP SD9043MAC

Last train for us was lead by a NS SD40E

Might get the pictures by ConrailMan5 up sometime tomorrowm otherwise enjoy 8)
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

AJR
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Trains from that state down south

Unread post by AJR »

So I see that you were in Holland, Ohio. They use to blow for the crossing, but when I was their last year I saw that the placed a sign-up by the crossing indicating that the trains no longer sound their horns for the crossing. Interesting further down the line in Swanton and other towns they still did.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

AJR wrote:So I see that you were in Holland, Ohio. They use to blow for the crossing, but when I was their last year I saw that the placed a sign-up by the crossing indicating that the trains no longer sound their horns for the crossing. Interesting further down the line in Swanton and other towns they still did.
Yeah that happened in the last year, that is the only current silent crossing in the area I believe. McCord Road is still Horn, as is Albon Road (the next crossing west of Holloway road which is where I was filming) McCord road will be an underpass in a few years

AJR
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AJR »

Like Swanton.

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

I noticed the BNSF rack train approached the crossing with the ditch lights off. He turned them on briefly for the crossing, then turned them back off. What's up with that.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

hoborich wrote:I noticed the BNSF rack train approached the crossing with the ditch lights off. He turned them on briefly for the crossing, then turned them back off. What's up with that.
He ended up meeting antoher train down the line 2 miles, soo they both had the headlights on dim when not going over crossings.

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
hoborich wrote:I noticed the BNSF rack train approached the crossing with the ditch lights off. He turned them on briefly for the crossing, then turned them back off. What's up with that.
He ended up meeting antoher train down the line 2 miles, soo they both had the headlights on dim when not going over crossings.
Might get sued otherwise because a moronic driver "couldn't see" the train without the ditch lights on :roll:
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut