Chasing 1225 Owosso/Henderson/Oakley

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Chasing 1225 Owosso/Henderson/Oakley

Unread post by TrainNut85 »

Decided as always to go out and see the 1225 at SRI. Its always nice to see it under its own power as it approaches the bumper before unloading the passengers from the 10 am trip.
Then I manage to sneak past the gate to get this shot after the passengers left.

Later on I heard an unusual horn thinking "Is the GLC running on a Sunday?" Turned out it was #390 showing up after pulling the Dinner Train from Mt. Pleasant to Clare and back. They came by to drop off the lounge car they had borrowed from SRI, which was needed for this trip.

After getting the lounge car onto the train, the 1225 backed up and took some coal. I couldn't get any good shots of them loading the coal but heres a couple as its sitting.
Next the 1225 motions forward with the train to load passengers for the 4 pm trip.

I ended up with a conversation with 3 guys that wanted to see her in action so I talked them into letting me tag along for the chase since they wanted me to show them where to go. Our first stop was in Henderson, no wonder when Gregg or anyone else caught it here had good shots of it, it went at a good speed.

Next stop was the M-52 crossing in Oakley. 1225 gave a good smokey show which is worth it for pics.

I then showed them on how to get to the crossing right by the fairgrounds but this time my camera couldn't get the good shots like I did last time but I will say this much, Henderson is a worthy spot for the 1225 shot.

HFoamer
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Chasing 1225 Owosso/Henderson/Oakley

Unread post by HFoamer »

Admin edit: if you don't have anything nice to say Jason, you'll find yourself gone.

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

Thanks TrainNut.

jkh2cpu
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jkh2cpu »

Heh! I just posted a shot of 1225 at Henderson... It's the shot I was taking when you shot me taking the shot.

Check out my gallery under jkh2cpu.

John.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

jkh2cpu wrote:Heh! I just posted a shot of 1225 at Henderson... It's the shot I was taking when you shot me taking the shot.

Check out my gallery under jkh2cpu.

John.
Nice shot John, and welcome back... here's a thumbnail of it, clickable:
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Unread post by TrainNut85 »

Nice to meet you John, its kinda funny you had mention yourself in one of my pics. I was the kid in the blue/black winter coat with the red hat on.

Brian

jkh2cpu
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jkh2cpu »

Hi, Brian. I posted a response on Friday, but it never made it. I got out there today for the 10 AM show, but it started to cloud over, so I headed home early.

John.