Dawn to Dusk in Ottawa, Ohio (08-16-08)

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I'll eagerly read anything you can post about IORY :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

Unfortuately, not much to report on the I&O. Their operations are greatly scaled back from a few years ago and we currently see only two regular trains (400 and 401) between Lima and XN Tower (where they split to head back to the original DT&I). Grain trains are becoming a bit more frequent however.

Here is a grain train sitting a the Hamler, Ohio siding:

And another from last Spring, this time at Leipsic, Ohio:

Eric at CG
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

What sort of cars are typically in IORY trains and how many cars on average do they handle :?:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Train lengths average around 4500' or so...just depends. Traffic base is autoracks, steel coils and scrap from Delta, covered hoppers, high cube box cars, a few tanks cars, normally of propane or products from the Proctor and Gamble plant at Lima, Ohio.

A new Ethanol plant is on line at Leipsic, Ohio and a connection track is being built from the I&O line to the lead into the plant, this may increase traffic a bit.

Eric at CG Tower
Don Simon wrote:What sort of cars are typically in IORY trains and how many cars on average do they handle :?:

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

So trains are averaging around 40-70 cars. Not bad. Although a far cry from the early days when they had three trains per 24 hours in each direction :( .

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

I would say more 40 and less then 70....some days it's just a dozen cars or so.

Yes, traffic is very off compared to what it used to be like.

Eric at CG Tower