Plymouth Report 11-5-08: The GE Parade!

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Plymouth Report 11-5-08: The GE Parade!

Unread post by Racer »

It was a nice day today and I got out of my morning classes at my local college so I passed over the Plymouth Diamond area like I do everytime I come home from class to see Bill (aka PlymouthStationGuy) at no other than Plymouth's C&O Station. Bill told me that they had CP X500 held at Beck Road for track crew working over at Eckles Road and my face lit-up in delight. :D After the time expired for the crew at Eckles, CP X500 came through haulin-it! Since CP X500 was running alot earlier than usual, the lighting was alot better than the evening hours when it usually goes through:

Later on I grabbed some food at Tim Horton's down the street and came back and Brian joined us (Railfan not on Zack's board, but I told him he should join). Then Q216 was coming and Q272 was on the way, too!

First came Q216:

10 Minutes later I walked behind the Station 885 resturant to catch Q272 going up the Toledo Wye:

Then finally, the last train for today for all three of us was no other than the famous Q327 with an approach signal over the diamond and westward to Lansing:

Then after that, I went home, worked on my tanker kit for my model railroad and then went to my evening class at my local Police Academy. Enjoy! :)
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Unread post by TrainNut85 »

Nice pics Chris, and what a way to see a boat load of GEs throughout the day!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Nice pictures, Chris.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KVERBERK »

Nice pics Chris. I always enjoy railfaning plymouth. I havn't been there lately, but that is where I first caught the train watching bug. In the late 80's my dad and I used to park right at the diamond next to the yard office. I don't think you can get away with that anymore.
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan