New LSRC Power and Stars

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
LSRC
Flat River Rat

New LSRC Power and Stars

Unread post by LSRC »

Just for the curious minds, I thought I'd post a few shots that I've taken in the past few days. As always, click on the photo for a full-sized version.

LSRC 801 drills the yard on a Sunday extra.

Z117 with the 801 heads across Genesee Ave to switch Rifkin.

Z126 with the 4302.

Just for kicks, here's a 26 1/2 minute long star trail shot that I did of a parked Lake State train a few days ago.

With the new units on the property, all of the alcos are now in the deadline, awaiting the scrappers's torch.

If you're interested, I've been updating my flickr account with old photos of Alcos and GP35s on the LSRC and GLC. If you want to see them, here's a link. http://www.flickr.com/photos/40722547@N08/

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: New LSRC Power and Stars

Unread post by AARR »

Great pics LSRC! Thaks for posting. Couple of those new units look like popsicles :lol: PAINT THEM SOON LSRC!!!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

StrayWolf716
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by StrayWolf716 »

Very nice compilation of photos, LSRC. Thanks for the update. I made it up toward Saginaw/Bay City last month for a family get-together..although I bailed out out to go hunt down the Lake State and Huron & Eastern.
So I got shots of the 1280 in action for one of the last times before its ultimate disposition? I saw it going by the main offices on M-13, in a consist on a coal train, including the ex-GT 5921, which I was happy to see again.
Although I was more interested in the Huron & Eastern, thanks to the generosities of an employee that went out of his way In Bay City, it was nice exploring the Lake State, in and around the city blocks of tall weeds swaying in the breeze near the yard in Saginaw.

SW
Rail Trail Explorer

Unread post by SW »

AARR wrote:Couple of those new units look like popsicles :lol: PAINT THEM SOON LSRC!!!
No, no, no - they look like Burlington units!
Owosso Steve

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

Does anybody know the heritage of the 801?? With that rock shield up front, could this be a former Chessie unit??

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

The 801 was built as the B&O 4056 according the railroadfan.com research department.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

SW wrote:
AARR wrote:Couple of those new units look like popsicles :lol: PAINT THEM SOON LSRC!!!
No, no, no - they look like Burlington units!
I was referring to the blue, pink, and white units :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Here you go Buster.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18561
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

AARR wrote:Great pics LSRC! Thaks for posting. Couple of those new units look like popsicles :lol: PAINT THEM SOON LSRC!!!
I actually agree with everything AARR said here! :o
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

MIGN-Todd
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MIGN-Todd »

Good thing D&M sold and turned into Lake States- having EMD power on the Detroit and Mackinac would just be wrong. I like EMD but NE Michigan is (was) home to ALCO power. I agree that the red units look like Burlingtons. The others almost looked like New Jersey Transit.
U.S.Army Retired- under new management (see wife)

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

MDH wrote:
AARR wrote:Great pics LSRC! Thaks for posting. Couple of those new units look like popsicles :lol: PAINT THEM SOON LSRC!!!
I actually agree with everything AARR said here! :o
Hell must be freezing over :lol:

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Well they could put in big white LAKE STATE on the red ones, and have a CB&Q look a like. Look how simmular they are.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... ?id=129108

I could handel three of them running around like that.
Last edited by sd70accsxt700 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

I like how they look now! Add logos to them or something and that's even better, but don't repaint them!
Bottom text.

SW
Rail Trail Explorer

Unread post by SW »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:Well they could put in big white LAKE STATE on the red ones, and have a CB&Q look a like. Look how similar they are.
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... ?id=129108
I could handel three of them running around like that.
Or like Bloomer Line...
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... ?id=415799
Owosso Steve

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Sad to see the old Alcos go. I like EMD enough, but the D&M Centuries had personality. Is it 100% certian they are going to be scrapped, or could they be put up for sale?

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

TrainWatcher wrote:Sad to see the old Alcos go. I like EMD enough, but the D&M Centuries had personality. Is it 100% certian they are going to be scrapped, or could they be put up for sale?
If there's a buyer who'll pay more than scrap value they'll be sold. Is there anyone left who is need of ALCo units? It seems to me the major ones are converting to EMD but perhaps I'm overlooking someone :?

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Shortlines are converting to Newer EMD, but there are a few tourist lines. Maybe even the Henry Ford could pick one up. "One of the Last Alco C-425M's to Operate in Michigan". Heck, if scrap value was worth it, I might need to find me some investors ;)

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

Heres a picture of all the alcos minus the 975 i got monday before i headed back to pittsburgh.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

The Photo can be described as 1 word. WOW! :shock: :shock:

Glad to see all of them and the RS3 there. I hadn't know they had gotten LSRC paint on all of the C425M's. They look great!

LSRC
Flat River Rat

Unread post by LSRC »

I hadn't know they had gotten LSRC paint on all of the C425M's.
They didn't. The 1280 and the 181 received blue paint, while the 281 and 381 kept their pullman green and gold. The 281 and 381 are just out of view behind the other units.