A "Balls Out" Weekend With Cody and Rich

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Y@
Ass. Janitor

A "Balls Out" Weekend With Cody and Rich

Unread post by Y@ »

Last Thursday night, after some scheming and planning, Cody and Rich showed up to spend the weekend with me. The forecast looked good, and we were not disappointed.

We started off on the Chicago Line Friday morning, with our first stop in Pettisville.

First up was this westbound stack train.

A short time later, eastbound 24N showed up with a solo UP SD70ACe.

After driving west towards Indiana, we eventually caught up with L96 on their way to Steel Dynamics.

Later in the afternoon, it was off to the NKP for a chase of L7N. First up was Miller City.

Later in the chase we shot them west of Edgerton on what is now known as "Heilman Hill."

After grabbing a bite to eat in Fort Wayne, we ventured back to the Chicago Line and shot 23K in Waterloo.

At dusk, eastbound 20K rolls towards the State Line as traffic on Route 6 tries to keep up.

As night fell, we rolled back into Pettisville to finish the day where we started. After asking to use a residential driveway, we set up for eastbound 332 with a half-moon watching over us.

Daybreak found us on the Chicago Line once again, this time in Stryker. While waiting for 358 to show up, 206 rolled through town.

A short time later, 358 rolled by with a former Conrail SD60M in charge of a five car train.

Losing interest in the Chicago Line, we ventured north to the Wabash in hopes of catching a CP train. We were not disappointed, as we caught 32T near the Michigan border.

Knowing we had a good chance of catching another CP train, we explored the Alvordton area and found that both ends of the Alvordton siding were still completely Wabash. After an hour of waiting, 36T broke the silence of a quiet morning in rural northern Ohio.

A heads up from another railfan brought us news that 34T was out of Elkhart with a SOO SD60M leading the way. With that on our minds, we rolled west towards Butler in time to catch them west of town.

We attempted to chase the train back to Alvordton, but some road construction got in our way and we called it a morning. The afternoon wasn't as kind to us, and we headed to Swanton where Cody and Rich did night shots as I attended a bonfire with a few female companions. :wink:

Our best shot of the afternoon was 2/3 of the MAW roster sitting by the depot in Defiance.

I'll leave the night shots at Swanton for Cody, along with anything else he decides to post. We were pretty burnt out after all our running around Friday and Saturday, so we slept in Sunday morning and grilled out for lunch before they left to head back towards Cleveland. Overall, it was a great weekend filled with trains and the usual "priceless" moments the three of us have when we get together. Of course, other trains were seen and shot, but some things just don't make the cut. :lol: Hope you enjoyed!
Bottom text.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: A "Balls Out" Weekend With Cody and Rich

Unread post by AARR »

I enjoyed it. I like the written detail you add to the pictures.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

So you guys all 3, had them out all weekend? Gross.
Brett

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

Yes..a balls to the wall onslaught with three juvenile delinquents 8) not responsible for brain damage :lol:

Nice pics guys
Exit stage left

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

So I'm assuming you all railfanned in just shirts and shoes then.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

I'm the one who posted the heads up about that 34T with the SOO SD60M, glad you guys were able to get a nice shot of it off the SDI bridge. Seeing that train made my day yesterday because I was able to cross another one off my list of things I've always wanted to photograph.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

conrailman75 wrote:I'm the one who posted the heads up about that 34T with the SOO SD60M, glad you guys were able to get a nice shot of it off the SDI bridge. Seeing that train made my day yesterday because I was able to cross another one off my list of things I've always wanted to photograph.
Yes, many thanks for the heads up Chris! I hadn't been able to get a good shot of a SOO SD60M leading until that!

Funny jokes guys. You know what I mean. :lol:
Bottom text.

ConrailForever
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailForever »

Ball jokes aside, it was definitely a great weekend. Here's some of my own favorites from our time trackside.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

You guys done good! Looks like you all had a good time and got some good stuff.

Michael
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BB »

Nice pictures from both of you. Those must be fireflies in your first night shot Cody.
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

ConrailForever
Railroadfan...fan

BB wrote:Nice pictures from both of you. Those must be fireflies in your first night shot Cody.
Yes, there were masses of lightning bugs all over, and was hoping to get some in the photos. Looks like it worked out to an extent!

toptek123
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by toptek123 »

I enjoyed your great set of photos and comments guys, well done! :D It is fantastic to see good work from younger folks who are enjoying this hobby. Keep it up.

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

I think I hit that deer out by "Heilman Hill"
Jeff O.
Celebrating over 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

These are fantastic shots guys.

railroadchoad
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railroadchoad »

Great shots! Great idea getting some close-up shots of the old NYC round tri-color signals. Especially on those old masts. NS is replacing those things on a case-by-case basis and before we know it, there won't be any left. I also like the photo on the MAW power with the church in the background.

I am also thankful that nobody's balls appeard in the photos. Though, if you had extra female companions, why didn't the other fellas join you at the bonfire?
Lookin' and smellin' darn GOOD!

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

railroadchoad wrote:I am also thankful that nobody's balls appeard in the photos.
We are ready if they want to show us
:P
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

ConrailForever
Railroadfan...fan

railroadchoad wrote:Though, if you had extra female companions, why didn't the other fellas join you at the bonfire?
My excuse is I'm happily taken :wink:

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

My excuse is having four girlfriends. :)
Bottom text.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Y@ wrote:My excuse is having four girlfriends. :)
What, not counting your thumb?

Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

railroadchoad
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railroadchoad »

MDH, are you referring to Rosie Palm and her five sisters?
Lookin' and smellin' darn GOOD!