Trip to Saginaw

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
stfdbeeker
Railroadfan...fan

Trip to Saginaw

Unread post by stfdbeeker »

Was up last weekend for a wedding and took a drive around Saginaw to notice one major thing.. As some of you know I am modeling the C&O Ludington division in HO and while up there and I decided to do a little research. The major thing I noticed was that the power switch at Mershon siding heading west twords Midland is no longer there neither is the signal guarding the siding, and the east end switch looks intact but un used and heavily weed grown. I gather from the two put together that delta truss no longer recieves rail shipments and Mershon siding is now O.O.S. Also the pole line along the former Ludington sub is no longer complete severed many times between Saginaw and Midland and the poles removed in many places.. Although I can say the ROW looks good and maintaied fairly well since the track work blitz (2yrs ago?)

thats all for now
Brandon

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: Trip to Saginaw

Unread post by AARR »

stfdbeeker wrote:I gather from the two put together that delta truss no longer recieves rail shipments and Mershon siding is now O.O.S.
Delta Truss closed a number of locations a few years ago. Is the Saginaw place still open?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

I dont know when the "power" sitch was removed, or the signal, but it has been deactavated from 2003 when the signal system was shut off and DTC blocks took over while I was till working Saginaw.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by penn central »

They took the switch out at the east end of the Mershon Siding about a month ago, And Delta Truss is now closed.

lightning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lightning »

Delta Truss is no longer there...bldg is also gone...the Mershon siding will be gone pretty soon also...Wabash is all done with rail service too...rippin up the trks all this week....rifkin is just startin to move into the old Ferro-met site, between bay city sub off 1st street...alot of changes for the good.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

lightning wrote:Delta Truss is no longer there...bldg is also gone...the Mershon siding will be gone pretty soon also...Wabash is all done with rail service too...rippin up the trks all this week....rifkin is just startin to move into the old Ferro-met site, between bay city sub off 1st street...alot of changes for the good.

Why is the siding getting ripped out? What is Wabash?
Exit stage left

lightning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lightning »

Dont need it anymore--- Wabash is across the river from mershon right at washington ave.....big grey bldg. right behind the bridge tower.. they make industial boilers.