765 Detroit Arrow Excurions

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

765 Detroit Arrow Excurions

Unread post by Ypsi »

Well since we seem to have divided the 765 trips into a couple groupings for the different trips it seems appropriate to have one more thread for the trips down the Wabash line for the Detroit Arrow excursions to Fort Wayne. I didn't get out Saturday, but I got out twice today to catch today on the Wabash line in two different spots.

This morning it was up early to get down to Romulus for the WB departure. When we arrived we found a WB train sitting at the diamond led by a NS SD70M-2. We set up a couple crossings down and waited for them to get going. We also noticed an approach limited on the one main as the WB got going, and sure enough an EB headlight appeared. We would have a meet before the 765 headed our way. Neat way to start the day.

ImageNS SD70M-2 in the rain by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

Shortly after the meet it was showtime, 765 got the clear at preston and was headed our way. The rain had picked up for a short amount of time, but it settled down a little before the Berkshire roared past us at Hannan Road.

The 765 roared by at speed, spitting some soot and such out as it raced west. Seeing the full 21 car train was rather imoressive, and the steam engine on point defiantly added to that!

ImageNickel Plate 765 on the Wabash by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

After the steamer we headed on home and went about our day. Thankfully the weather cleared up very nicely during the day, so we planned on headed back out for the return trip at about 6:15pm to go catch them in Milan. When we arrived in Milan we found it to be a little.. busy. Lots of people around the diamond and depot, so we headed on to find a different shot. We decided to head down to CP West Milan for a shot, and we were treated to a wide open field, no e-bell's, and no crowds. We shot the 765 racing east clear CP West Milan with plenty of steam sounds including whistle and lots of chuffing.

This last video has to be the best shot I have taken of the NKP while it was making its Michigan trips. I used the truck to get a little extra elevation, and it turned out pretty well.

As always thanks for Reading and viewing! 8)

Looking forward to seeing some of the other photos and videos from members on here!
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Re: 765 Detroit Arrow Excurions

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

MY Photos from the day, just a few

Roadrailers east in the rain at Romulus

ImageNorfolk Southern Roadrailer 253 Romulus by Conrailman5, on Flickr

ImageNS Roadrailer 253 Romulus by Conrailman5, on Flickr

765 Wast at Hannan Road

ImageNKP 765 West bound at Romulus by Conrailman5, on Flickr

765 East at West MIlan

ImageNKP 765 East Bound and Down at West MIlan by Conrailman5, on Flickr

And you welcome for the extra elevation, messed with my shot but you're welcome.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

msurailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by msurailfan »

Anybody know how much longer 765 will be in Michigan? Sadly I'm in California so I definitely won't be able to catch it but my dad has taken some great shots of it in the past and may be interested in doing so again if there's an opportunity. Thanks.

GTWChris
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWChris »

Just got one shot of 765 in Milan during the Sunday excursion coming back from Fort Wayne. I must have been one crossing east of you all in Milan.
ImageNKP 765 at Milan by GTWHolly, on Flickr

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

two more from the deadhead west at Milan

Coming

ImageNK 765 Milan by Conrailman5, on Flickr

Going

ImageFarwell 765... for now by Conrailman5, on Flickr
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

I also caught 2719 and 8929...in Fort Wayne backing into the yard. What a coincidence!

:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

Here what I got of the final trip, only about 10 people in Milan today which was awesome. Talked to a police officer who said he lost track after 120 last night when he was counting. Either way, it allowed for better photos and videos of the 765 hitting the diamond one last time.

ImageNickel Plate 765 at Milan by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

ImageNKP 765 and Milan's Finest by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

DelayInBlock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DelayInBlock »

Check out my video of the deadhead today:

Delay In Block Productions: "Railroading a Little Different than Usual."

Visit my YouTube Channel and Subscribe: http://www.YouTube.com/user/DelayInBlock
Like My Page on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/DelayInBlockProductions