High Hood GP50 and standard cab SD60 lead 39E in style

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

High Hood GP50 and standard cab SD60 lead 39E in style

Unread post by Ypsi »

Today we got a heads up of 38E with a SD60 and high hood GP50, we were not home but hoped to catch it in the evening. As it turned out they made it out early, into Jackson around 3:30pm or so, and they made a quick turn as 39E. We got a heads up of them departing Jackson, with the high hood leading too, so we waited at home. After a short while the mp 35 detector sounded off and I got ready. For this neat consist I went with a two camera shot that I feel turned out well. NS 39E came around the corner with the high hood GP50 and sweet P5 leading the charge.

The first shot was shadowed, but the second one with the GoPro was neat in the good light.

ImageHigh Hood on the Michigan Central by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

ImageHigh Hood GP50 leading the way by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

Sweet sight to see in 2015, and likely a latch up that won't be repeated any time soon. (for those counting there are 15 GP50's left and 92 SD60's. Out of the about 4220 locomotives currently on the NS roster per NSdash9.com, the odds of this happening today or again are only (15/4220)*(92/4219)=.0036*.0218=.00007751 or .007% chance :lol:)

Thanks for watching and reading! 8)
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: High Hood GP50 and standard cab SD60 lead 39E in style

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Nicely done!

Don't show Drayton...I heard he missed this one ;)
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow