An Afternoon at Milwaukee Junction 4/25/15

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
ogauge47
Railroadfan...fan

An Afternoon at Milwaukee Junction 4/25/15

Unread post by ogauge47 »

Spent an hour at Milwaukee Junction and caught a bunch of trains

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: An Afternoon at Milwaukee Junction 4/25/15

Unread post by AARR »

Looks like you had a decent hour, OGauge.

4907 with the RBox hi-cubes could be lumber or aluminum ingots. Within the last year or so aluminum ingots have been coming in 60' hi-cube box cars often RBox rather than the 50' standard height box cars of CN and family name.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

ogauge47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ogauge47 »

I was told from a fellow railfan I met today that they are coming and going from the TTX repair facility in Waterford

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

4907 with the RBox hi-cubes could be lumber or aluminum ingots. Within the last year or so aluminum ingots have been coming in 60' hi-cube box cars often RBox rather than the 50' standard height box cars of CN and family name.
Metro and Royal Oak Wastepaper are the most common destinations for these TBOX hi-cubes along the Holly Subdivision.

x2humbucker
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by x2humbucker »

Where do you sit and hang out around Milwaukee Jct? I want to head down there but haven't seen a good spot to sit around.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

There is parking in front of Wolverine Solutions on Clay St to wait for train on the Holly Sub. There also is a dirt lot on the south side of the street next to the diamond of the Sugarhouse Wye and Conrails North Yard branch. Very visible and accessible. No problems as long as one stays off of RR property. Safer area of the city also.